twenty nine

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter twenty nine.

"SO WE'RE DOING LINE UPS NOW?"

"Shut it, Buckley."

Hunter rolled her eyes at the man, Chimney - sorry, Fire Captain Han - had clearly let the power go to his head. It was safe to say, Hunter did not like fire captain Han. In fact, she hated him. It had only been two shifts and she one bad call away from putting him in the back of the ambulance. Bad meal after bad meal, and fight after fight, Hunter had thought about taking time off. No one had thought Bobby's indefinite suspension was fair or justified.

"Fuck this," Hunter mumbled, throwing her hand in the air before turning to walk off.

"Callahan," the dreaded voice called, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from you - away from this bullshit," she deadpanned.

Chimney furrowed his eyebrows before gaining a smirk again, "You really shouldn't talk to your Captain like that-"

"You'll what? Suspend me?" she asked sarcastically, "Go ahead, you'd be doing me a favor."

Any longer in a room with Chimney at his current state would cause any member of the 118 to lose their minds. There was so many line-ups and half-assed training attempts the firefighters could take. Hunter had managed to slip out of the room and not long after her friends did too.

In order to avoid the chaos known as Fire Captain Han, Hunter and Buck were hiding out in the parking lot, sitting in the bed of her truck. Eddie had started out with them but had left to answer a call from Shannon, his not quite ex-wife.

Hunter had practically moaned as she took a bite of her ribs. The two had ordered barbecue to the firehouse in hopes of being able to finish a meal, a good meal, before a call. "God, I would do unholy things for ribs."

Buck laughed but agreed nonetheless at the blonde's statement, "this was such a good idea," he said with his mouth full, hands dirtied from the sauce with a bone still between his fingers.