fifty three

BEAUTIFUL MESSchapter fifty three

BEAUTIFUL MESS
chapter fifty three.

"Is that what I think it is?" Hunter said with small excitement laced in her voice as she watched Hen approach with coffee in her hands

Hen let out a hum of confirmation, before leaning into her radio, "And yes, my radio is working just fine."

It was a spot check day, something that Bobby took very serious, Hunter took her turn to check the abilities of her radio, "letting everyone know, Hen is officially my favorite member of the 118."

She could practically hear the eyes of the other men rolling but she kept a smirk on her face but something else quickly caught her eyes, "Never mind, my favorite firefighter is here." she called back out looking at the youngest Diaz walking in beside Carla.

Chris let out a smile and laugh as Hunter leaned down to wrap her arms around him with a bear hug. "Hey guys," Eddie acknowledged the two, walking up two join his son.

"Five-alarm school emergency," Carla explained with a smile, "He's supposed to tell Ms. Flores today what he's presenting for show and tell on Friday."

"And so he suckered you into stopping here on the way," Eddie concluded.

"Well how could you resist such a cute face," Hunter defended Carla, giving her a smile while pinching at Chris's cheek.

"Okay. Show and tell," Eddie thought about it for a moment, "I thought you were bringing in your new hamster."

"Oh, the new hamster is old news," Carla scoffed, the upbeat chipper tone never leaving her voice before reaching into her purse, "Somebody's been snooping in your closet."

"Is that what I think it is?" Buck asked, walking over with a smile.

"It's a silver star 'cause my dad's a hero," Chris told Buck proudly.

"We don't need jewelry to know that."

"Do you ever just wear it?" Buck asked and Hunter rolled her eyes.