Ahoy, There!

It was summer in Hawkins, and all Athelia Harrows' friends were stoked

It was summer in Hawkins, and all Athelia Harrows' friends were stoked. This would be the summer with no drama, no school work, and most of all: no Upside Down.

Dustin had went to science camp for a month, and he was due to return to Hawkins soon, which everyone was excited for. They had planned to surprise him when he got home.

And the kids had paired up into their own couples, Mike and El started dating, whilst Lucas and Max became a thing. Will, of course, felt left out but Athelia always managed to include him in things.

Whilst the middle schoolers enjoyed their free time, the older kids all took it upon themselves to get jobs for the upcoming year.

Jonathan and Nancy got jobs at the same News Register. Jonathan developed pictures that would be used in the paper, and Nancy was a simple tea-bringing assistant.

As for Athelia, she loved the idea of working in a bubbly, colourful environment, so applied to a few places inside the new Starcourt Mall.

Everybody loved it, mostly the kids and teens of Hawkins, but it was full of the cutest miniature shops ever. A couple months after it opened, some of the family-owned businesses shut down due to lack of funding and income, but one of the stores that still stood was Athelia's work: Scoops Ahoy Ice Cream Parlour.

The parlour served cones, shakes, scoops and even waffles. It was a go-to place when visiting the mall, and had swiftly became a fan favourite amongst the children.

Athelia loved working there, she loved to see the joy on the children's faces as she handed their their ice creams with a warm, happy smile.

She also enjoyed her work colleagues, which were more of her friends, than anything. She worked with a nice girl from the school's band, Robin Buckley. Athelia had never noticed Robin before, but they got on well in a work setting.

Sure, Robin wasn't as enthusiastic as her, but she still slung ice cream with a smile. 'Smile and wave' she would tell Athelia. As long as it made money, Robin would dress up as a sailor for six hours a day. Robin was pretty, too, and the red accents of the sailor outfit suited her well.