Dear Billy

Max had just came back to reality, looking as if she awoke from a daydream

"Max?!" Athelia shook her, "Are you okay?"

The girl looked around the room frantically, "It was here. Right here."

"What was here?"

"A grandfather clock. It was so real." She told the older girl. "And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

"It was like you were in a trance or something." Steve told her. "Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy."

"That's not even the bad part." Max shook her head in disbelief. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help."

"How come? Were there any patterns?" Dustin questioned.

Max nodded, "Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then… Then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts."

"Like visions?"

"They kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually… Everything ended." Max paused, "Vecna's curse."

"Well, Chrissy's headache started a week ago and Fred's, six days ago." Athelia recalled.

"I've been having them for five days." Max took a shaky breath, "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision."

"And you..."

"Just saw that goddamn clock," she sighed, "so it looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

Athelia went to comfort the girl with reassurance, but a loud clattering noise came from outside Mrs Kelley's office, startling the group and alerting them to potential danger.

The group walked out silently, leaving the cabinet drawers open; they could close them once they had dealt with that.

"Stay here." Steve ordered the others, koving forward with his lamp.

Athelia scoffed, "Always the hero." And disobeyed him, following with her crowbar tightly in her hands.

They approach a figure, who was shining a torch on the lockers nearby.

Steve let out a loud battle cry before charging towards the person.

"It's me!" The shadow cowered, showing his face.

"Lucas?" Athelia rolled her eyes.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you?" Steve hissed at him, backing up, "I could've taken you out with this lamp!"

"Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was… I was biking for eight miles." He rest his hands on his thighs to catch his breath. "Give me a second. Shit."

"Fucking hell, boy." Athelia groaned, "We dont have all day!"