Vecna's Curse

Athelia was hanging around Family Video, trying to find a god movie for film night at Dustin's house later, but ended up getting distracted by the workers there

"Then Vicki laughed." Robin continued her story about the basketball game the night before, "And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. It was like… It was a real, genuine laugh."

"Of course." Steve nodded. "It's my Muppet joke. It's hilarious."

Athelia chimed in, knowing exactly which joke, "Is this about how Tammy Thompson sings like a muppet?"

"My point is that Vicki laughed and everything was just perfect." Robin smiled, "But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous, and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my… my brain is moving faster than my m mouth, or… or rather my… my mouth is moving faster than my brain. I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I? Oh, I'm hopeless."

"Eh. We both are." Steve shrugged.

Robin sighed, leaning onto the counter, "If only we could just, like, combine. Think about it. I know exactly what I want, and I've found the girl of my dreams, but I can't get the courage to ask her out. Meanwhile, you go on a million dates per week. And you have no idea what you want."

Steve had been going on dates? Athelia expected that he would move on eventually, just didnt want to know about it

"So if we just combined,
all our problems would be solved. Because, I mean, alone, let's face it… We totally suck."

Athelia looked at the clock behind them, noticing it was nearly lunch hours, and rushing to collect her things, "I'm gonna go."

She walked to the door, but Steve beat her there, "Dont go. Robin was exaggerating."

She let out an angry laugh, "You think I'm leaving because I found out you've been on dates?"

"Well, I just thought that it might still be a sensitive subject. Maybe you haven't gotten over me yet." He shrugged. "But... you know."