The Dive

The group decided to leave after the flashlight incident, Nancy drove everybody back to Eddie's hideout

Duran Duran's 'Girls On Film' was playing, Athelia quietly singing along with Steve as they sat in the trunk together.

Up in the passenger seat, Robin spoke, "Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car? 'Cause this is gonna
t

otally and royally suck."

"It'll be fine." Nancy assured her.

"I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again." Robin sighed. "I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself
into feeling better." Steve chimed in, holding the six pack they had bought him, at his request.

"That's what my mom does." Max nodded.

"You poor thing." Athelia patted her shoulder gently.

"Why don't we give it a trial?" Robin suggested, "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food
and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other,
darker, much scarier dimension, and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him."

"Facts." Athelia nodded.

"He's entirely shut off to us,
so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed."

"Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas told her.

"We're one step closer to finding Vecna." Nancy suggested. "That's what we say. That's what's important."

"See, Robin?" Steve smiled, "Positive spin can make all the difference."

"Oh shit." Dustin muttered as the group approached the trailer park.

Agent Powell spoke to the crowd that had gathered to see the commotion, "Nothing to see. Just step back a little.
As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight, reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney. His body, it was disfigured. We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward."

"Oh man."
"Oh shit."

"This is not good. Really not good." Athelia shook her head.

Dustin's back pocket sounded the voice of Eddie,
"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler? Anybody?"

Dustin immediately grabbed the radio, answering his call, "Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?"

"Nah, man." The guy sounded distressed,  "Pretty… Pretty goddamn far from okay. I'm at skull Rock. Do you know it?"