Eight.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘
(ELEANOR RIGBY)
CHAPTER EIGHT-----

"Ahh, come and get some space dogs," Rocket stated, shooting them over and over, just before Bucky picked him up and spun them around so they could cover more ground

"Ahh, come and get some space dogs," Rocket stated, shooting them over and over, just before Bucky picked him up and spun them around so they could cover more ground. "How much for the gun?" Rocket asked,

"You better not be trying to sell my gun, Barnes." Leigh warned, shooting one of the aliens, "Not for sale," Bucky replied.

"How much for the arm?" Rocket asked, and Bucky glared at him before walking away, "Oh, I'll get that arm."

"I'll even help you if we make it out of this in one piece," Leigh whisper-shouted, and the raccoon nodded.

"Sounds like a plan, lady I don't know." Rocket stated, "Leigh Strange." she stated shoot a bullet at another alien.

"Rocket."

"Cool, cool." Leigh nodded, "Well, I have a mid-battle reunion to attend to...nice meeting you Rocket."

Leigh jogged up near Thor, "Hey, Cap! Cover for me real quick?" Leigh asked, and didn't wait for a reply as she tightly wrapped her thigh,

"New haircut?" Steve asked, Thor, nodded, "Noticed you've copied my beard."

Leigh watched with wide eyes as a literal tree took out like four of the alien creatures, "Oh yeah, this is a friend of mine, Tree."

"I. Am. Groot." the tree spoke, "I am Steve Rogers."

"I am Leigh Strange," she decided to add on, there was a distant rumbling before large wheel-like weapons dug up underneath of the protective shield. 

"Uh-oh." Leigh breathed, "We are all so screwed."

"Leigh." Steve spoke, "Yeah, I know, I know. My comments are never helping."

They all continued to battle the aliens but nothing seemed to be changing, and many lives had already been lost.

Nothing would compare to the loss the world would feel if Thanos won though.

Leigh knew that, she understood what was at stake, she wasn't prepared to lose this battle. She never would be.

But if she was going down, it wouldn't be without a fight, so she pushed on even as blood from her wound leaked down her leg.

Even though the energy it took to use her powers was cutting away at her bit by bit.

Just before Natasha was about to get run down by the wheels, Wanda flew in tossing them back onto the aliens.

"That is my fiance, everyone." Leigh stated, "You and Wanda are engaged?" Steve asked, "Oh shit...yeah."

"Guys, we've got a Vision situation," Sam warned, "Somebody get to Vision." Steve ordered, "On my way." Leigh breathed, "I've got it." Banner spoke up.

"Yeah, you'll get there quicker." Leigh agreed, shooting one of the aliens, but got knocked down by another, a tree branch whipped away from her, "You are my new favorite," she breathed.

"Vision needs back up now!" Banner exclaimed, Leigh, sped up her own time, quickly making her way to Vision.

"Missed me?" Leigh asked, running into the alien full force, and then slowing the alien, "Vision! I can't hold this for that long, you have to go!"

"What are you waiting for? Go!" she exclaimed, her arms straining, and her leg about to give out at any moment.

"Yeah, so you should be cowering in fear alien dude...I...am definitely stronger than I look,"

Leigh couldn't hold the time at its rate of speed any longer so released it and got ready to fight like her life depended on it...because it does.

She grasped a nearby stick, using it to block the blows from the alien's spear. Of course, since it was just a stick it broke after blocking just a few blows, at this point, Vision hopefully was getting far away from here.

"You'll die alone," The alien spat, "Eh, I spent most of my life alone, it won't be anything new." Leigh shrugged, stomping on the alien's foot.

A half-wounded, five-foot-five, Leigh, was not going to do so well against an alien that was more than a foot taller than her. So it was no surprise when she was gasping for air as it strangled her.

Leigh coughed several times as the creature was lifted off of her "Vision, what the hell! I told you to leave." she coughed.

"We don't trade lives."

Leigh pushed herself up to her feet, "Well you should've... gone." she coughed, "I am clearly in no shape to protect you."

The two of them limped away from where they were previously fighting the Alien, "Leigh?" Wanda exclaimed landing from where she flew over.

The red-haired woman expected the worse when she didn't hear back from her fiance over the radio. She thought Leigh was gone.

Wanda ran through the bits of the forest becoming more panicked by the second. "Leigh!" she shouted again, "Where are you?"

Wanda spotted the brunette just through the trees, "Leigh!" she ran over to her.

"Wanda," Leigh breathed, leaning against her fiance's shoulder, "I thought you were dead," the red-haired woman whispered, "I'm ok Wands."

"Are you ok?" Leigh whispered, "Yeah, yeah."

"We're out of time." Vision spoke, grabbing the attention of both Leigh and Wanda, "Woah, Woah, Woah. You can't just 'We don't trade lives' me and then say that."

"Thanos will be here soon. I can feel it." Vision spoke, "I can't just kill you, Vision." Wanda stated, "We have to get you back to Shuri."

Leigh nodded in agreement, "Come on, get your ass up, Vision."

"You and Natasha," Wanda shook her head, "What?" Leigh looked at her in question, "Nothing, honey."