fifteen

"So just to be clear we're like positive that Clint isn't going to turn into a baby, right?" Leigh asked.

"We can never be completely sure."

Bruce sent a glare over his shoulder in Nebula's direction, "What? I'm not going to lie to her."

"Thank you, Nebula. For being so truthful and making me totally feel better." 

Leigh leaned closer to Natasha, "He's gonna be fine, Leigh." the redhead whispered. 

"Alright, Clint." Bruce finished clicking a few buttons, "We're going in three, two..."

The brunette bites her lip, nervously watching and moments later Clint was sucked back into the time machine disappearing as though he was never standing there, to begin with.

The seconds ticked by slower than Leigh could've thought possible, but soon enough Clint was back. The man was crouched down closer to the floor, and Leigh took off in practically a run to get to him.

Natasha was right behind her as Leigh reached his side, "Hey, hey."

Clint looked up to her, still looking sort of panicked, "Are you okay?"

Leigh helped him back to his feet, "Yeah, yeah? Yeah." he paused, "It worked."

"Do you really think this is going to work?" Pietro's eyes seemed more sunken in than the last time Leigh had checked in, she truly feared the worst when it came to him.

Leigh gave a slight shrug, "I really hope so," her voice was soft, and her eyes were tired.

Sensing the shift of energy in the room, Pietro spoke up again, "I would love to help, however, I am a bit...how do I put this... incapacitated."

Leigh cracked a small smile at his light-hearted tone, although his words held so much weight. The brunette was racing against the clock if she wanted Pietro to see his sister again before it was too late.

"Well it's a good thing we have a talking raccoon on our side to take your place," Leigh teased.

"A talking what now?"

Leigh shrugged, "Maybe you'll meet him one day, better stay breathing long enough." she paused, "Take that as a threat."

"So why are you here, and not doing superhero-y things? You know, like saving the world?"

Leigh shrugged, "Nat said she'd fill me in on the planning sessions. I told her I had to be here."

"You should be helping. You are probably the smartest person there." Pietro stated.

"Yeah cause I did such a great job coming up with a solution to help you." Leigh shook her head, a bit disappointed in herself.

"You're always so hard on yourself."

"So you and many people have said." the brunette rolled her eyes.

"Did I miss dinner?" Leigh stepped into the room that seemed to have empty Chinese food boxes, and empty pizza boxes.

"Here," Natasha slid her a plate with a slice of pizza on it, Leigh accepted it, taking a bite.

"There aren't enough pym particles for us all to go." Natasha started, "I volunteered you to stay. Clint agreed. It's best that we have you back here."

"No." Leigh shook her head, "I'm not staying here."

"Leigh-"

The brunette shook her head again, "You have a kid, Natasha. You have a life. And once all this is over you'll have Maria back, too."

"If anyone should stay it's you, or Clint, or Tony. I on the other hand have nothing to lose." she argued.

Natasha shook her head, "Don't say that, Leigh. I've lived a life, I got to marry Maria, and I got to spend time with my kid. You still have a whole life to live when we get Wanda back."

"Well if this mission kills you, I can't be the one that has to tell Nadia that her mother is dead. I'm going."

"Leigh."

"No, I'm done arguing."

Natasha wasn't speaking to Leigh after their argument the previous day, so Leigh stood beside Clint avoiding eye contact with the red haired woman, as Steve began his big hero speech.

"All right, we have a plan. Six stones, three teams, one shot. Five years ago we lost, all of us. We lost friends."

Leigh frowned eyes dropping to the floor, "We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your mission. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes...no do overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."

(he talks so much I promise you don't have to read that^)

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket pointed out, "Yay motivational speeches," Leigh quipped.

"All right, you heard the man, stroke those keys, Jolly green." Tony instructed, "Wait, just a second." Natasha spoke up, "Can I talk to you for a minute Leigh?"

"Nat. We aren't having this conversation again." the brunette said firmly.

"I know," she paused, "I just wanted to say..."

Leigh cut her off by hugging her tightly, "I love you."

"I love you too, Leigh. Good luck." Natasha then turned to the rest of them, as Leigh rejoined the group, "See you guys in a minute."

Author's note:

I don't wanna talk about how shitty this chapter is.