Ten.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘
(ELEANOR RIGBY)
CHAPTER TEN-----

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘(ELEANOR RIGBY)CHAPTER TEN-----▹

WAKANDA

"Ah," Vision winced in pain, "What's wrong?" The couple turned to him, knowing whatever it was, was not good at all.

"He's here."

The wind blew around them, whirling in an unsettling silence, "Everyone on my position. We have incoming."

"What the hell?" Natasha murmured, a cloud of grey, and almost electric currents, appeared in the open space in front of them.

Red energy formed between Wanda's hands, as Thanos stepped from the clouds. "Cap. That's him." Bruce alerted.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp."

Bruce attempted to attack him first, but the purple energy seemed to make him phase right through Thanos and into the rocks. Steve and T'Challa also tried to attack the titan, it only resulted in them being thrown to the side.

"Wanda." Vision spoke, causing both Leigh and Wanda to turn towards him, "It's truly time."

"No," Wanda and Leigh replied, "They can't stop him. But we...we can."

Leigh pressed her lips together, "Wands, Vision...he's right. You've got the power to destroy the stone. You have to do it, I'll try and hold him off."

"If he gets the stone, half the universe dies." Vision tried to reason, and Wanda nodded, "Wait."

Leigh turned back to the redhead, "I love you."

"I love you too." Leigh smiled, "I'll see you after,"

Wanda sent a blast of energy into the mind stone and Leigh moved towards the fight.

Thanos had already cut through the majority of Earth's mightiest heroes, how could Leigh possibly fight him off?

Just as he was about to make it to Leigh, Wanda, and Vision, Leigh trapped him in time, freezing his motions.

"Wanda you need to hurry!...he's very strong." Leigh gasped out, her energy already draining.

It's strange how just twenty seconds, a third of a minute, can change everything.

In just twenty seconds the mind stone would shatter into pieces, by Wanda's powers.

In just twenty seconds Thanos would reverse time, and the fragments of the beautiful stone would pull back together.

"Now, is no time at all." Thanos walked toward where Vision had previously been, the time stone glowing as he reversed time, "No," Wanda and Leigh both shouted, not that there was anything either of them could do.

The gauntlet wrapped around Vision's throat, the titan's other hand ripping the mind stone out of his forehead.

Leigh gasped as the color drained from Vision's body, his struggle against Thanos falling completely limp.