Eleven.

TWENTY-TWO DAYS LATER
AVENGERS FACILITY, UPSTATE NEW YORK

"Nadia, Mama told me you've gotta eat the broccoli." Leigh sat across from the three-year-old, "Don't wanna!" Nadia exclaimed tossing a piece at Leigh's cheek.

"Nadia," Leigh gasped, and the little girl giggled, "Will you eat the broccoli if I promise you ice cream after?"

Natasha and Maria had adopted Nadia, during the whole accords situation, it was a kind of 'now or never' sort of deal. Legally only Maria had actually adopted her, given that Natasha was a national fugitive at the time.

However, now that the world was in shambles it wasn't too difficult for Natasha to gain Nadia's custody.

"Yes!" Nadia cheered, and Leigh nodded a small smile resting on her lips.

"Leigh-Leigh, why the table shaking?" Leigh's eyebrows pulled together in confusion, "You know what, forget the broccoli, let's get you some ice cream and a movie."

Minutes after getting Nadia settled Leigh joined the others, "I gave your daughter, sugar. I'm apologizing in advance for the hyperness." Leigh stated jogging up beside Natasha.

Tony stepped out of the ship, "Couldn't stop him," were the first words Tony uttered as Steve supported him, "Neither could I."

"Hang on." Tony breathed, "I lost the kids."

"Tony, we lost."

Leigh smiled gently at the sight of Tony and Pepper reuniting. Tony then turned toward her, "I'm glad you're alive." She said

"Yeah, I'm glad you're alive too." Tony nodded, "I'm so sorry. Your dad-"

"There was nothing you could do Tony." Leigh shook her head gently giving the man a quick hug.

"I'm still sorry. Wanda?"

Leigh shook her head sadly, "I'm sorry, kid." he apologized, this would usually be the point where Leigh would argue that she hadn't been a kid in quite some time, Tony, however, would never see that, he'd always see her as the teenager he met years ago.

The brunette lead him over to Pepper and then returned to Natasha's side, "The last thing I told him was that I wanted him to stay out of my life. What kind of person says that to their dad? God, he probably thought I hated him."

"Leigh," Natasha said softly, "Your relationship with Stephen was complicated, it has been nearly your entire life. He knew that you loved him, he knew. Okay?"

The brunette nodded, still feeling guilt-ridden, "You're right."

"I'm always right." Natasha quipped and Leigh scoffed, "Whatever you say, Romanoff."

That night Leigh recorded her first message to Wanda, setting up the camera on the desk in front of her.

"Is this thing on?" she messed with the device for a few moments before stepping back into the frame, "Hi. It's me...obviously. Um," she paused, "I'd like to start by saying that this is a message for Wanda Maximoff, so anyone else, especially you Tony! Can make your swift exit now."

Leigh brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, "It's been twenty-two days since I lost you, it almost doesn't feel real, none of this does. Today Tony came back from space...My father was not with him. He died thinking that I hated him...I didn't. I don't."

"It's been hard, I wake up sometime expecting you to be there next to me. You aren't. I guess I'm making this more for myself than you. Well, I'll update you tomorrow I guess. I love you."