Part 1- Back to Top Gun

"5th generation Russian fighters up ahead Emi." 

"Rooster, we're on a mission, it's Rebel. And I see 'em. Switching back from guns to missiles." 

"Alright "Rebel." Please don't be an ass. If you are going to show off, be safe because I have a family you know, Emiliana." 

"Stop first-naming me Bradley. And showing off is my favourite part. And yes, I know that you have a family. Phoenix is my best friend, besides you, and I gotta get you home to your son and my nephew/godson. And besides, I love your wife and son more than you." 

Rooster rolled his eyes and grabbed a camera out from his feet and got ready to take the photo. Though rebel annoyed him, she truly was his best friend and sister, he would do anything for her. Next thing he knew, they were inverted over a Russian 5th generation jet. 

"Hello boys," Rebel said as she flipped them off. 

"Smile for the birdie!" Rooster said, taking the photo. "Rebel this is a great pic, I really should resign from the navy and become a photographer."  

Emi cut the engine, pulled back, turned the engine on just in time for the 5th generation to gain enough altitude for her and Rooster to fire at them. 

"Bullseye! Good shot Rebel!" Rooster said. 

"Aww thank you Bradley." Emi responded with an idea in her head, "we gotta get back to base." 

------ 

"Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby."

"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full," replied Air Boss Smith. 

"Rebel don't do it," Rooster pleaded from the backseat. But he was too late. Rebel had already did her flyby at 500 knots while laughing. 

Rebel and Rooster just left their F-14 when Air Boss Smith yelled, "Mitchell, Bradshaw! My office. Now!" 

"Well shit, that was fun. Thanks, "Rebel," Rooster said dryly while starting the walk to Smith's office. 

--- 

"You two are just like your fathers. Mitchell, you got balls- the most balls of anyone here. You're a damn good pilot, just like your old man. Just like him, you both are a pain in my ass. Bradshaw, you have skills. I'm sad your old man couldn't see you today, but I know he's proud. I want to dishonorably discharge you both, for breaking every fucking rule that is on this ship. But, both of you live to see another day. You're both being called back to Top Gun. Pack your bags, dismissed." Air Boss Smith said. 

As Rooster and Rebel were starting to walk out, Smith called, "Mitchell- I need to talk to you." 

Rebel nodded Rooster that she's okay and turned around, saluting, "Yes sir?" 

"Drop the salute Emiliana. I know from your first day of the academy that you have been working your ass off to prove to people that you're just as good as Maverick, maybe better. I have always admired that in you, and I want you to know that your grit and determination is seen. I've seen you grow and Bradley grow up, and as much as you both are a huge pain in my ass, I'll be sad to see you leave. I want you to remember that you have earned your spot as one of the best, if not the best, female aviator in Naval history. You earned this- you don't have to prove anything to anyone anymore. Go kick some ass at Top Gun and make people your bitch. I'll be here when you and Rooster get back, and I want you to tell me everything you did. You too be safe, I'll see you when you get back." Smith said. 

Emi, with tears forming in her eyes, gave Smith a hug, whispering, "thank you." 

"Get off me, I don't wanna cry. You're welcome kid, go kick some ass." 

"Thank you sir- I will," Rebel said, leaving Smith's office. 

Once outside, turning to Rooster and said, "Let's go kick some Top Gun ass."