Part 7- Something to Prove

The next morning, Rebel was missing from the briefing. 

"Goodmorning, Lt. Emiliana "Rebel" Mitchell will not be going on this mission," Cyclone said, making everyone gasp out of shock, "She will be on the carrier to watch, but will not be flying. Where is she?" 

"Uh- she uh- said she had a lady thing come up." Bob chirped from his chair. 

"I see- we will continue our briefing and Bob, catch her up to speed when she gets back." Cyclone responded. 

All of a sudden, Rebel's voice cut over the speakers, "Good morning aviators, this is your captain speaking. A little birdie told me that someone here thinks I can't do this mission," Hangman looked in his lap, "but if you know me, I always love to prove people wrong. Coleman, could you please set the timer to 2 minutes 15 seconds? Thank you good sir."  Coleman set the timer to 2 minutes and 15 seconds, despite Cyclone's disapproval. 

"Alright Rebel, your timer starts in 3...2...1..." Coleman said, leaving everyone on the edge of their seat. They called her Rebel for a reason, and it was about time she did something like this under Cyclone's nose. 

"Pete what the hell is she doing." Charlie said, walking up to her husband. 

"She's being our little Rebel." Maverick responded, holding her hand. 

The two minutes passed slowly- everyone was nervous. If Rebel succeeded, she would be the hero who proved it could be done. If she failed, she would get discharged, probably thrown in jail. 

"Alright Rebel, you are making the first spike in altitude, switch to missiles." Coleman said, and Rebel did what he said. 

"Cmon kid, cmon." Maverick and Charlie said together, still holding hands. 

"Missiles away.... direct hit!!" Coleman yelled, making everyone stand up and cheer. 

----

"You directly disobeyed me and put an $80 million aircraft in danger! What were you thinking? And you're excuse is a girl issue?" Cyclone yelled. 

"This was a girl issue- about you and the sexism I've faced during my time in the Navy. I am tired of told that I can't do things because I am a girl. It's time you grew up sir and realized that women can fly just as good, if not better than the men." Rebel responded. 

"Well- you're lucky Admiral Kazansky was here and saved your ass, I would have thrown you in jail. Dismissed." Cyclone said, looking back at his papers. 

---- 

"Sir, you wanted to see me?" Rebel asked. 

Iceman motioned to the seat next to him, saying "sit." 

"I've heard a lot about you Emiliana. You're just like your dad. I loved your little stunt out there." 

"Thank you sir." 

"No "sirs" here, it's Tom." Iceman said, standing to give Rebel a hug. "How are you kid?" 

"I'm good, almost got my ass handed to me by Cyclone." 

"Don't worry about him. And remember, you have nothing to prove kid." 

"Cmon Ice, I've always got something to prove." 

Under My SkinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara