The Cricket Game

Granny's had decided to host a little welcome back party for (Y/n), Emma, and Mary Margaret. They said it would be a potluck, so it was a bring your own food sort of party. After a little debating, Emma and (Y/n) agreed to bring tacos to the party, and brought Henry along with them to go out and buy some shells and ingredients to make the tacos. As they walked back in, they sure as hell didn't expect to see Mary Margaret and David in bed. Together. Alone in the apartment.

"Hey, guess what? Taco shells were on sale!" Henry said as he burst into the apartment, the two in bed rushing to cover themselves up.

"Apparently, tacos, not a big item in the Enchanted..." Emma started, but when she saw her parents, she stopped. She exchanged a look with (Y/n), who was just as appalled.

"What're you guys still doing in bed? It's the middle of the afternoon," Henry said, and (Y/n) prayed he remained that innocent forever.

"The trip back was tiring and I needed rest," Mary Margaret lied for Henry's sake.

"And I needed to help her rest," David added on.

Emma was gaping in horror, so (Y/n) took it upon herself to turn to Henry and say, "Hey, let's go make those tacos, yeah? Yeah."

Emma snapped out of her stupor and said "Yes! We have to make a lot because there's gonna be a ton of people at Granny's welcome-back party tonight."

As (Y/n) ushered Henry to the kitchen, she then joined her sister in staring appallingly at their parents as Mary Margaret whispered, "We thought you were gonna be back later."

"Ya, well, we aren't," (Y/n) stated, and walked backwards.

"So, maybe next time you can put a tie on the door or send a text or..." Emma trailed off, and Mary Margaret slightly hid her face behind her blanket.

"We're- We're gonna go make some tacos," (Y/n) said, taking Emma's arm and pulling her back to her son.

After a few choice words with their parents, Emma and (Y/n) made enough tacos to bring to Granny's later in the day. Henry helped, of course, and thankfully forgot all about this morning's strange happenings. Bringing the tacos to Granny's, they saw they had a banner up that said, 'Welcome Home Mary Margaret, and Emma, and (Y/n)'. Emma and (Y/n) laughed slightly at the banner, considering Mary Margaret's name was so much larger than theirs. Everyone cheered when they walked in, bringing a smile to all their faces.

A few hugs and 'we missed you's later, Emma held out the taco container to Granny and said, "Tacos. I cannot tell you the relief of cooking something that I didn't have to kill first."

"Don't I know it. Meatloaf back home? What a bitch," Granny said as (Y/n) took a mug of beer, laughing at her statement.

As (Y/n) took her first big drink of the night, David tapped his glass and gained everyone's attention as he said, "I just want to thank you all for joining us tonight. Mary Margaret and I, we have a saying, that we will always find each other. And while I believe that with all my heart, I'd like you all to raise your glasses and join me when I say, here's to not having to look for a while." Everyone laughed at his statement, glasses raised in the air. "Mary Margaret, (Y/n), and Emma!"

A large cheer echoed in the diner, and just as everyone took a drink, the door opened, and Regina walked in with her own tray of food. The atmosphere dampened a little bit, but (Y/n) gave her a light grin as she said, "Sorry I'm late."

Grumpy grabbed a knife from the turkey beside him and demanded, "What is she doing here."

"I invited her," (Y/n) stated, and the others looked at her disapprovingly. (Y/n) didn't care, because she did invite Regina out of kindness. After a brief discussion with Emma, the two of them thought it a good idea to bring her to the party, considering all she did to help them get home. Emma also wanted to invite her because of Henry, but (Y/n) was doing it to be neighborly, and to try and get past the phase in their lives where they all hated each other. Especially since Regina was trying to do good by Henry.