1

"Fuck my life." I breathe out, throwing down the stack of bills I had gotten in the mail just today alone.

Being an adult is hard. It sucks. It's awful.

After I moved out of my parents house I had gotten an apartment with my best friend but she ended up getting a boyfriend and moving out, leaving me to fend for myself here.

For the past two months since she moved out, I've been searching for a roommate and so far, no luck.

At this point I would jump at the first person who offered to move in. Yes, even if it meant they could potentially be a serial killer, I didn't care. I'd take whatever I could get. I'm desperate.

I've been living paycheck to paycheck just to afford rent. I barely have money for food or other necessities. I'm quite literally, miserable.

As I moved to my computer, I scrolled through my emails, just hoping and praying that someone would get back to me.

To my surprise, there was a single email. I clicked on it faster then my brain could process it.

The email simply said; "I can move in this week. I have a down payment and my half of this months rent. I need a place asap so I hope you'll get back to me fast. Thanks, Tae."

My heart nearly stopped as the email I had been waiting on for months was sitting right in front of me. Naturally, I responded back quickly, telling the person the room was theirs and asking if we could meet up tomorrow to talk. Within minutes, he agreed.

He seemed nice enough but I really couldn't judge that from a small little response to my email. I just hoped he wasn't a murderer, but I guess as long as he's paying his half of the rent, I'll mind my business.

I was just glad someone had finally responded to me and was willing to be my roommate. If this all worked out, I'd be back to being able to afford food and shampoo again in no time. Hell, I'd be able to live my life with just a little less stress, and that sounded like heaven to me.

I cleaned up the house, making sure it looked presentable for Tae who would be arriving any minute now.

I wanted to make sure it looked nice so that he didn't change his mind once he got here. That was the last thing I needed right now.

A knock on the door sent me into a state of panic as I ran for it, more then overwhelmed. I wanted this to go well. Scratch that, I needed this to go well.

When I opened the door I came face to face while a younger guy who surprisingly looked to be around my age. He had dark brown, pretty much black hair, and he was somewhat taller then me. What stood out to me the most was how insanely hot this man was.

"Nice to meet you, come in." I say, clearing my throat as I step to the side to let him in. He nods his head, not bothering to respond as he takes a step inside. His eyes scan the living room before his eyes fall back onto me. His gaze was intimidating but I had to keep this professional.

"Thanks for meeting with me. The room is all yours, I just wanted to go over a few things." I start, leading him over to the kitchen table where we both take a seat.

"I'm sure you already know the rent from my email and all of that so really, we'll just go over the basics. Food and such is a I have mine you have yours type of thing. I won't touch food or anything you buy so I'd appreciate it if you did the same. Um, for privacy I just expect you have common decency and don't go into my room and vice versa. That's really all as for rules but if you have any feel free to speak up." I say, watching as he look everything in.

He leaned back, digging into his back pocket before he pulls out a stack of money, pushing it in my direction. "There's my half and the deposit. Just a heads up that I'll be in and out, probably with some friends to move my stuff in this week." He says and of course, I agree.

After a few more little details of the living arrangements, Tae gives me his phone number then he heads out, telling me he'd see me either tomorrow or the following day.

Once he was gone, I went to the money and began to count. You could never be too sure and I wanted to check he hadn't juked me out of the money or anything. Safety precautions of course.

As I counted the money the first time around, I ended up counting $650. That wasn't right seeing as our rent as a whole was $830 and with him only having to pay half and the one time deposit, he should have only given me $515. Something wasn't adding up here. So I recounted and recounted again. Still, I got $650.

I pulled out my phone, scrolling down to the new number and clicking on it. I sent a text, letting him know he had given me too much money and that I'd put it aside for him to get when he came back next.

As I waited for a response, I counted again, just to be sure and still, the same result. Finally, a text dinged through and I reached for my phone, ready to see if he was shocked by his mistake. Instead, the text showed the complete opposite.

KT- I'm aware. It's yours. I don't need it, you can keep it.

That was it. That's all he said. What the fuck.

I stared at the text, taken back by his response. I wonder if he meant keep it to put towards his next half of the rent or if he was really just telling me to keep it. Still, I'd put it up and talk to him about it in person.

For now, I was just grateful I would finally have a roommate.

Things seemed to finally be looking up!

——
New story alert!!🚨🚨🚨🚨❤️