4

The following day I noticed Tae wasn't really around too much. He left early in the morning as I was leaving for work and from what I knew, he hadn't been back since.

I didn't question it, assuming he was either just out or he was with his as he said, "co workers" not that it was my business anyway.

I was currently in the process of making myself dinner when the front door opened and in walked Tae. He was wearing an oversized yellow hoodie and a pair of black shorts, just barely visible under the hoodie.

"Welcome home." I say, turning my gaze back down to my food. He hums in response as he walks over and sits down at the island, watching as I make the food.

"Are you hungry? I can make a little extra." I say, glancing back to see him staring at the food. His stomach growls in response, causing me to laugh. "I'll take that as a yes."

I added another serving to my meal, making sure it would be enough for this very hungry guy. I had seen him eat before and his appetite was big so I wanted to make sure it would be satisfying enough.

Tae stayed where he was for awhile until I was about half way done, then he started to set the table.

Once I finished cooking, I made our plates and the two of us sat down to eat. It was a bit strange since I hadn't eaten at the table like this with someone else in quite some time. Even when my best friend lived here we barely ate at the table so this was definitely different. A good different.

"Thanks for the food. I can pay you back for the extra food you threw in for me." Tae says and right away I decline. "Don't worry about it." I say, knowing I wouldn't make him pay me back just for eating some of my food when I had offered.

"Okay cool, thanks." He says as he starts to shovel the food into his mouth. He didn't say much after that, the two of us sitting in silence as we ate. As weird as that sounded, it actually wasn't awkward at all.

Even though I hadn't known Tae all that long, I already felt comfortable around him. Well, comfortable enough, ya know. He was an easy going person so it's not like it felt weird sitting in silence like this. Although the sounds of chewing and silverware hitting the plate wasn't exactly my ideal sounds. Still, I didn't complain.

After we finished eating, Tae offered to wash the dishes while I went to shower. I took my usual long shower and by time I was out, the dishes were clean and he had even tidied up the rest of the kitchen.

I went over to the couch and plopped down on it just as Tannie jumped up next to me, curling up right in my lap. I patted his head as I reached for the remote and turned on my current favorite show.

"Mind if I join?" I hear and turn my head to see Tae leaning against the side of the couch, his eyes on the tv. "Of course not." I say as I motion to the empty part of our sectional. Tae sat down, his eyes falling on Tannie who made no attempts to move.

"He really seems to like you, huh? Usually he'd run to me the moment I sat down but I guess he's found a new favorite." Tae chuckles and I smile. "Well I'm glad he does because I like him too." I run my hand over Tannie's fluffy coat as he opens his eyes slightly then closes them again.

Tae grinned as he turned his attention to the tv, watching my show with no complaints.

So far, everything was pretty great. I was lucky Tae wasn't a complete asshole and that I wasn't stuck living with someone I hated. Things were good at the moment and I hoped they'd stay that way.

I mean come on, this could have went way worse. Having a random stranger move in with you could definitely go bad very quickly and I'm just glad that wasn't the case, or at least it didn't seem to be. From what I could tell, Tae was a good guy. I had gotten lucky that with that one.

As the two of use continued to watch our show, my mind wondered off to his old home life. He still hadn't said as to why he had to move in with a roommate if he made more then enough money to get his own place.

I guess it really wasn't important or any of my business but still, I was curious. As stupid as it may seem, I found Tae's secretiveness to be rather, worrisome. Obviously he wasn't obligated to tell me anything, but I just feel like there had to be a reason as to why he was so private about everything.

I could only assume it was just because he didn't know me well enough to feel comfortable sharing. That's what I was going with. Plus, it truly wasn't any of my business to know all of his past. He was nothing more then my roommate and a man that was keeping me from starving to death. Him moving in definitely saved me from living paycheck to paycheck and barely being able to afford anything else.

Having Tae here was a good thing for sure. I'd take having a secretive roommate who's willing to pay half the rent over starving to death and being broke constantly any day.

For that exact reason, I'd shut up and mind my business.