3

In the following weeks that passed, Tae and I had become more accustomed to living together.

It wasn't so strange living with a stranger and as far as I knew, he wasn't a murder. Although that chance was still there seeing as I still had no idea what he did for work.

Now I was even more curious seeing as I rarely saw Tae leave for work. Every time he left the apartment he was back within the hour, never being gone all that long. Still, I didn't question him because I knew what he would say.

I just didn't understand how he didn't seem to work yet he had all of this money. I really couldn't understand it and it was a bit concerning. I just wish he'd at least give me a hint as to what he did so I could completely rule out him being a criminal or even something worse.

At the current moment, I was just getting home from work, fumbling with my keys to open up the front door, when to my surprise, it swung open and a girl appeared before me.

My brows furrowed as I stared at the girl who gave me a small smile before rushing out past me.

I walked in the house where I saw Tae standing in the kitchen, shirtless, drinking from his carton of milk.

Letting out a small breath, I set my keys down on the counter and turn to Tae. "Listen, I don't care if you have your girlfriend over or whatever, but-" but Tae stopped me, setting the milk carton down but not bothering to look at me.

"She's not my girlfriend." 

I stood there for a moment just staring at him.

"How was work?" He then asks, completely changing the subject as he puts his drink back into the fridge and turns to face me.

"Fine, I guess. Don't you have work?" I ask, using that as an intro to be nosy and maybe finally get an answer. Tae shrugs. "Maybe."

This man was confusing as hell. I didn't understand why he couldn't just say it instead of beating around the bush. It was just a job, how bad could it be?

"Maybe what? Either you work or you don't. It's a little strange you wont tell me what you do for work, ya know. I just want to make sure I'm not living with some criminal who makes his money illegally or anything. That's all." I say.

Tae stares at me for a moment before he begins to laugh. "I'm definitely not a criminal, Y/n. Trust me on that. I'm just...private, I guess." He says, his face becoming somewhat serious.

"I get that and all but it's just for safety reasons I suppose. Of course, I let you move in regardless of what your job was but it's just a bit concerning that you're so secretive about it. It makes me assume the worse. Ultimately, you're not obligated to tell me but it would be nice, I'd feel a little more at ease." I say, watching as he stands up tall, running a single hand down his shirtless chest.

"I get that, I'm sorry." He says as he starts to walk past me and into his room. Before I can even begin to speak, he walks back out with his phone in his hand. He then comes back over to me, typing something into his phone and then pushing it at me.

"What is this?" I ask, looking at the long list of names on his phone. "These are all of my...co workers." He says, tilting his head at his statement as if he wasn't sure that was what he should be calling them.

"Okay?" I ask, unsure of how this told me anything. "Look this name up on Instagram and click the link." He says, seeming unsure of himself. He seemed worried and that worried me too even more.

I pulled out my phone and did as he said, typing in the username from the list he had showed me. Right away, I recognized the girl on the page as the girl I had just seen not even twenty minute ago walking out of my front door.

I clicked the link like he had said and was surprised when it took me to a page I had never willingly searched or visited in my life.

Onlyfans.

"What does this have to do with you?" I ask, not understanding why he was having me go through all of this. Tae let out a small breath as he shifted beside me, tapping a few things on my screen until another page pulled up.

This time it was no longer the page of the girl, but instead, Him.

"You have a..." I trail off, looking over at him in shock. Tae pulls in his lips as he shifts back, silent for a moment.

"This is your job?" I ask, still taken back. This was definitely not what I had expected. Tae nodded slowly as he ran a hand through his dark messy hair.

"I don't like my friends or other people I don't work with knowing. I try to keep my work life separate seeing as it isn't exactly something I'd wish to be doing. I got into it when I was dead broke and my page took off more than I ever would have guessed so now it's just what I do. It pays very well so hey, I'm not complaining." Tae says, watching my face for whatever reaction I was going to have about it.

"I don't get it, if you make a bunch of money by doing this why did you need an apartment and a roommate? Don't you make enough to buy a house, or five?" I ask, confused and still very taken back.

"Just because. Hopefully this doesn't bother you though. Now if that's all, I'm gonna head to bed. Night." He says, going right back to his secretive ways.

Once he disappeared into his room, I let out a breath as I stared at the onlyfans screen still pulled up on my phone. Luckily, I couldn't see anything since I wasn't subscribed. I cleared the page, still trying to process everything.

So this was his job that he was so secretive about...It didn't bother me, as long as he didn't bring all of his work here, as I assume he did today but that was a talk for a different time.

Letting it go, I head to my room, exhausted from work today. As I plopped down on my bed, the one thing I thought back to that washed relief over me, was that he isn't a criminal. That was the bright side of this all.

At least I think...