Part 26

Mariano's POV:

I couldn't describe what I was feeling. I knew that it was an unbridled form of rage, one I've only ever had a few times before. It never turned out well for myself or the others that were involved. I needed my Princess. I needed her to calm me down, as I always had this weird feeling in my chest around her that prevented me from doing anything that upset her. Somehow, the way she clouded my heart allowed me to clear my thoughts. My feelings were tied up and consumed with her whilst I was in her presence, and that allowed my mind to be at its sharpest possible.

My priority was getting revenge for the death of my brother, but I know had a new priority: keeping Ariyah safe. And I would do that at any cost.

Pushing aside the urge to violently throw the papers off of my desk onto the floor, I went to go find my lovely little idiot. I took my glasses off to rub my face as I closed the thick oak doors to my office. By the time I made it to our room, I almost dropped the glasses in my hand as I see the door open with Ariyah laying still on the floor.

Deathly still. I had no clue on how anyone got in without my knowledge. But I quickly disperse that theory as I see the diamond studded gun- one which was supposed to be a gift to her- in her morbidly still right hand. My heart dropped to my chest as my long strides became impossibly longer. I dropped down to check for a pulse, only to see that my Princessa was simply sleeping. Gently prying the gun from her small manicured hands, I set it aside on the nearest dresser as I picked her up and wrapped her legs around me.

Ariyah was a delicate little flower, and deserved to be treated as such. She was my sleeping beauty, and I was the beast that would ruin her soul. I had already put her in danger just by being fond of her. If people realized just how much she meant to me... I fear that it wouldn't break only her.

It would break me too.

____

Ariyah's POV:

I woke up in the bed with my head on Mariano's thick, muscled thighs as he lightly played with my hair. He was reading what looked to be a thick, dusty book in a very dim light so as not to wake me up. His glasses were black -I expected nothing less- and were perched on his nose as he shifted his attention away from the book and towards me. I could never get over his beauty. His stormy eyes, lightly tanned complexion, and wavy hair that could never be completely tamed with a single strand in his face never failed to entrance me.

His deep voice pulled me out of my thoughts concerning him and towards his eyes. "Sleeping beauty finally woke up, no?"

I stretched and allowed each muscle to lengthen and contract before throwing my leg over Mariano.

Consent is key.

"Is this okay?" I looked up at his stressed eyes and reached my hand out to rub his shoulders and head. His silk sheets were determined to stop me, however, and I began sliding out of the bed. Mariano reached behind me and yanked me towards him. "Clumsy girl, I'm sure you put yourself in danger just by breathing."

"You like to play around with stopping my breath and putting me in danger when you fuck me," was my true, albeit sassy, comeback. Right after I finished my words, I felt a sharp smack on my left asscheek. Then I felt Mariano's hand grab mine as it went to soothe the pain. "That's true, but when we fuck, I own you and I decide when you breathe and when you don't. When I have the time, I will be sure to remind you of that little fact."

Having been admonished, most of the brattiness drained out of my system. I would never say all, as I know that would be a lie as big as Mariano's dick. For a while, we sat in silence as we let our thoughts take us captive. My hands played in Mariano's hair, and eventually my hand was on the side of his face as turned to brush his straight nose against my palm in order to kiss it. When we made eye contact -though I usually avoid it- I felt something. I felt his pain. I don't know what from, and I don't know why, but I felt his exasperation, his exhaustion, his worry. And all I wanted to do was help.

"Talk to me Daddy. I might not be able to fix the problem, but I want to know what is in your head. We can't have a properly functioning mafia if we can't even have a properly functioning relationship!"

Mariano stopped his soft kisses down my arm and stared at me. I saw something - a deep emotion- flash in his eyes, but it had come and gone so fast that I didn't know what the said emotion was. To be quite honest, I thought I had become too assertive. But right when I started to back track my words, Mariano grabbed my hand and put it back on his head. "Rub, and I will tell you the problem."

————
HI SLUTS
I KNOWWWWWW ITS BEEN A WHILE
HOW ARE YOU
HOWS LIFE
SCHOOL?
PARENTS?
PETS?
WHORES?
HOW ARE YOU LIKING THE BOOK SO FAR ?!?!?
I'll be honest I'm reading my past work and it's cringe but I want to leave it up to show evidence of my growth. I've figured out where I want to go with this book so I'm very excited for what is to come!!! <3

Question of the day: do you think Ariyah should find out what Mariano knows?

I love you, and I will start writing the next chapter at 200 likes <3
ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 300k READS WHAT THE FUCK THATS AMAZING