Aliens, part 11

At that time, the alien, still lying unconscious, ran gas to the sides. A red button on the wrist device began to flash. Her eyes parted and before her appeared the outlines of a woman astronaut , which was abstractly engaged in research.
A subterrine drill emerged from the bottom of the crater. The Beetle, like a fish, jumped out of the bowels of the planet, scattering the soil in front of it. Standing on wheels, he stopped, swaying back and forth.
The creature at that moment was not far away on a ten-meter boulder. It froze, fixing its gaze on the digger. Then the stranger began to make restless sounds and, nervously chattering his teeth, hid behind a rock.
The Beetle rode out onto the landing pad and waited for the shuttle's cargo hatch to open. While the doors were smoothly opening, Yablonsky saw something through the tinted windshield. It flashed through the sky so fast. That he didn't get to see. And, without attaching any importance to this, he began to further turn off the functional systems of the machine. Hydraulic grippers began to lift the iron shrew into the Striver compartment.
When the hatch was closed, Janos, dressed in a spacesuit, raised the visor of his helmet and, without haste, got out of the cockpit. On the floor between the wheels he noticed the tip of a white tail.
At that moment, the voice of the commander in the edema was heard:
"Is everything all right, Janos? How did the drill work?"
Yablonsky was distracted for a second by Maxim, then looked under the wheel again. But there was nothing there. Bending down even more, examining the bottom of the car, he said:
"Commander, I'm here for something..."
Suddenly, a white animal jumped on his back and begins to scratch the astronaut's face with its claws. The earthman leaned back, back against the side of the car, trying to cover his face with his hands.
Amano began to quickly approach for help. The fight didn't last long. As soon as the ape-like beast saw the approaching man, he jumped from the broad shoulders of Janos to the roof of the subterrine and found himself right in front of the dumbfounded Maxim. The beast grinned and chattered loudly with its teeth, frighteningly swinging the brass knuckles in its paw. Through the bars of an animal helmet that looked like a hockey helmet, Amano saw large round eyes.
The Earthman was momentarily dumbfounded by the unexpected attack.
A moment and an unknown creature jumped onto the wall and, pushing off, struck with lightning speed with brass knuckles. Max managed to block the attack with his hand. The blade cut through the astronaut's suit in the forearm, but did not graze the arm. After that, the animal darted into another compartment.
"How are you, Janos!?" Max asked and went after the creature.
"I'm fine," he replied and scolded. "What kind of fluffy devil!? Devil stars ..."
There was a woman's cry, the sound of falling instruments. When Janos ran into the laboratory, he saw through a glass partition a couch that had fallen to the floor and the commander covering the frightened astronaut. In another corner, an alien stood in a wrestling stance. On her back sat an angry white animal. He kept chattering his teeth menacingly and darting from side to side on the muscular shoulders of a woman who, seeing the massive Earthling, became even more alert.
"Hey! Hey! It's okay!" Amano raised his hands up. "Calm down! We're not a threat! We want peace.
He lowered his arms and straightened up to release the tension. Skirmish inside the shuttle is not desirable. It is the only refuge from the inauspicious nature of Mars and the radioactive rays of the Sun. At this tense moment, the right decision had to be made. The earthling saw aggressive aliens, from which the consequences can be anything. The crew froze.
After a little hesitation, all Amano could think of was to smile and say:
"Hello," he continued calmly, trying to make contact. "We are earthlings. We came from the blue planet. We do not threaten you."
The alien straightened up a little and said something in a foreign language to the beast. He stopped thrashing about and chattering his teeth. His ears were still flattened like a cat's, and his large round eyes cast a glance first at Janos, then at Maxim.
The newcomer began to quickly touch the buttons on her forearm with her long nails, then lowered her hands down. She straightened up and began to examine the place where she ended up. The animal perked up its large triangular ears, as if listening, but at the same time did not lose sight of the earthlings.
"Well, commander, keep going like this, I think she is listening to you," Johnson pulled the commander's hand and looked at Yablonsky, who was more watching the beast than the alien. The recent skirmish haunted him.
"Um... I'll think of something now. Only she doesn't understand our language," Maxim replied.
"Tell her by all means that I will strangle her damn dog," Janos muttered angrily, touching the scratches on his face with his hands, then added. "Or maybe you shouldn't tell her about us? Suddenly she's an evil Martian."
"If she is from Mars, and they are planning to capture the Earth, then our task is to explore it. In any case, flying on such a ship, they must know the structure of the solar system. I will tell her what they know. And she will report something about herself which we don't know for sure," Max said.