Somewhere on the edge of the universe. Part 33

Yablonsky and Mozdok immediately began to climb up the stairs, approaching a huge round hatch with a diameter of up to a hundred meters. Halfway down the path, a descending black manta suddenly appeared. There was nowhere to hide, the earthling and the norman were in plain sight. The manta descended past and, by a lucky chance, the rider sat with his back, and did not notice the daredevils.
But not everything was successful. Janos noticed that the robodark-rider was carrying Tanya. The dugout tried to escape from the mighty hand and scolded the gloomy biorobot for what the world stands.
"And the devils of the universe, but not this..." Yablonsky swore.
Mozdok instantly realized what had happened and both of them began to climb the stairs even faster. Janos slowly appeared on the surface. He saw that at the entrance to the cave was in an open area, and about five meters away from him was a dark guard. The biorobot stood with its back to the earthling with the hammer and examined its trophies.
Janos did not want to attract the attention of others. He, stealthily, ran up from behind to cut the opponent's throat with a combat knife. But the monster turned out to be an order of magnitude taller than an earthling. Yablonsky at first fussed, not knowing how to properly perform the technique. Then he jumped up and threw himself on his shoulders from behind and with a strong swing drove the knife into the throat of the dark. He roared throwing off the earthling. Then the massive alien turned and swung the hammer. At that moment, scarlet blood gushed from the biorobot's neck, pouring over its metal-mutilated body. Janos fired from a prone position. The monster's torso shattered into pieces in an instant. And the hammer flew down by inertia, almost hitting Mozdok. At that moment, a stingray camouflaged in the sand soared up nearby, which was immediately hit by a norman shot.
At this time, at the bottom of the lair, the landed rider said something to others, pointing to the prey. But then a falling hammer hit him right on the head, cracking open his skull. He immediately leaned back from the saddle, and Johnson, freeing herself from his clutches, jumped onto the platform and tried to escape. But she was stopped by the blow of the android, which immediately reacted to what had happened. The dugout fell backwards, unconscious. She was picked up by a robodark and thrown into the pool. The android looked at the open hatch and ordered something, showing its hand up.
Elaina during this time mined part of the beam ceilings. Seeing what happened, she realized that the operation to free the prisoners did not go according to plan. Robots were running downstairs, getting ready to take off. Very quickly, the armed horsemen rose on the ramps into the air. Almatian immediately fired at them.
In the meantime, Janos and Mozdok were approaching the rock, behind which stood the Norman flying saucer. Running around a stone hill, they saw their broken ship. He was so mutilated that he was not fit to fly. The roof was missing, and the broken sides stuck out in different directions.
"Oh no! How now to be?!" Mozdok said.
He could not believe that the ship, whose hull was designed to withstand the explosions of cosmic bodies, had simply been smashed into scrap metal by some kind of hammer and axe.
"Let's go back! Run!" said Yablonsky.
At that moment, explosions were heard in the direction from where they ran. Fiery clouds of smoke escaped through the open hatch. And also iron fragments, falling, outlined their path with a haze.
It was Elaina who hit the patrol ship. In the den, a shootout with security guards ensued. Almatian with star weapons killed everyone who tried to fly out. Down on the parade ground, the biorobots ran like ants, but the army of androids stood firm, as if waiting for a worthy opponent.
Almatian fired back in dashes, changing the firing position. Behind the beams in the smoke, it was hard to see and the electric charges could not reach the target. On the web of iron pillars and partitions, the lightning entangled, losing their energy.
One of the androids recognized Elaina spectrally, spotting her through a puff of smoke. He immediately calculated the advantageous position of the enemy for defeat. "Target aimed" sounded an internal command.
A laser beam shot out from the android's weapon, which instantly cut through the metal structure without hitting the almatian. The iron cladding flew down. The robot stopped firing and began to drive the clumsy darks, showing them where the stranger was.
And at this hour, on the surface of the desert, the earthman and the Norman fled with all their strength back to the lair of Arus. Explosions and flashes came from the hatches.
Suddenly, halfway to the hatch, a familiar engine noise was heard from behind. Janos turned and saw Helion approaching. Mozdok became alert and prepared his weapon.
"Put down your weapon, it's yours! Glory to the Universe!" said the earthman with relief.
Helion smoothly sat down on the sandy ground, crushing the stone flames with a support. The elevator pulled out from below. There was a person familiar to the flight engineer.