Sista Valsen Med Dig

Frida and Björn met at a point close to both, it was a cafe that was near the bar where Frida found Benny drunk for the last time. "How are you?" She went to hug him, considering that it had been a few months since they last saw each other.

"I'm fine, but worried about Benny," Björn replied without letting go of her hand. "What happened the last two nights?" Frida took a deep breath and exhaled, as if she was exhausted; then her face saddened.

"Benny can't control his addition to alcohol. The way he drinks is not normal and I'm afraid the problem is more serious than we think," she explained, Björn could see the anguish on her face. He squeezed her hand a little tighter and hugged her again.

"I've shared a few drinks with him over the last few months, and yes, we've had quite a bit, but to the point of skipping engagements and doing it every night, I think that's the limit," Björn commented. They both sat down because they were still standing in front of the door, the idea was to think what they could do or where to start, but first they both needed a cup of coffee.

"I don't like to drink coffee after this hour because then I have insomnia at night, but I think it's necessary right now," Frida said taking the cup in her hands. Björn put his on her shoulder and half smiled.

"I'll try his cell phone again, maybe he'll take the call this time," he said.

Benny was sitting on the couch with his head leaning back, he was feeling really bad and so dizzy that he could feel his eyes rolling. He didn't know how he was going to resist, sometimes he ran out of strength and felt like fainting. Heinz tried to give him water, even he was worried, besides, the last thing he wanted was to call Frida to warn her, that would only make her more distressed and he knew his friend well enough.

Benny's cell phone began to ring, Heinz saw the number but didn't know if the right thing to do was to answer the call, he looked at Benny who was almost passing out and then he saw the cell phone again, deciding to answer because maybe it was someone worried about him. "Hello?"

"Benny?" Björn said, knowing it wasn't him but still confused and hoping to find out who it was.

"Hi, it's not Benny. It's a friend, my name is Heinz, Benny's a little indisposed right now..." he didn't know how to explain it.

"Heinz!" Björn exclaimed out loud and Frida immediately looked at him with a frown.

"Heinz?" She asked Björn confused and he nodded. "Give me the phone," she told him and he obeyed. "Where are you?" She said bluntly even before putting it on her ear.

Heinz bit his lip, that was exactly what he wanted to avoid. "Frida, I didn't want to bother you. Benny is back drinking again," he replied.

"Where are you?" She repeated rolling her eyes.

"We're two blocks from the bar where we came to pick him up last night," Heinz explained the address and Frida caught on immediately and then hung up the phone.

"What are they doing together?" Björn asked Frida, he had never seen Heinz but he knew that he was a friend of hers.

"Looks like he ran into him again today and didn't call me," Frida said angrily. They got up from their respective chairs and left a tip on the table, then went for a walk. The place was not so far from there, so they could perfectly do it by walking.

Upon arrival, the situation in front of their eyes was more devastating than they could have imagined; Benny still sitting in the chair almost unconscious and it was Heinz next to him trying to keep him awake. Frida was paralyzed for a moment, she didn't know exactly what was happening, she stopped to look at him as if something was preventing her from moving, he was already pale and she imagined the worst, little by little she lost her strength.