being honest

Benny was sitting on the bed patiently waiting for Frida to return from the bathroom, she was already taking a lot time in there. He was tucked under the sheets already, his fingers crossing as he flicks his thumbs and makes them play with each other.

Frida, for her part, was sitting on the toilet thinking, she had already washed herself and done everything she had to do but she had Benny in her bedroom waiting for her and she didn't know how to take that. She was in a roller coaster of emotions, sometimes she felt that it was right, other times it felt that she was in a wrong path, but how did she know that she was making the best decision? What things should she take into consideration to be calm? She was clear that she had to leave at any moment, but she felt like a teenager in love for the first time.

After cursing herself twenty times in her mind, she decided to get up from the toilet and face her reality, she washed her hands, dried them with the towel and turned off the light, later opening the door and noticing that Benny was already in bed. He looked at her immediately when he saw the door open and smiled, then she going to her side and also getting under the sheets.

"Are you alright?" He squeezed her hand.

"I am," she nodded and half smiled. "How are you really?" She lay back on the pillow.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm not going to do anything but then I think about you and it goes away," he confessed.

Frida stared at him and dared to do something else, she leaned a little more and dared to put her lips on his, who did not hesitate for a moment to put his hand on her back and push her a little further him. Frida closed her eyes and felt how her mouth was embraced by his, how her stomach was full of butterflies as if it were the first time, and how her heart was lightening with each passing minute of the kiss.

She moaned and parted her lips, they both stared at each other, he missed being able to contemplate her green eyes so close, so intimately and he could tell that despite the physical appearance and the maturity reached, those illuminated green eyes had the same essence, the same purity, tenderness, the same love. He smiled, lost in her gaze, not realizing that he seemed like an inveterate madman. "What are you looking at me?" Frida interrupted the moment, returning to her position and feeling a bit cornered by his gaze.

"I could die just looking into your eyes," he commented, turning to her side and to be able to look at her.

"Oh, you sound so corny," she let out a giggle and adjusted her pillow to lay her head on.

"I know, but I can't help but make the comment," he too shared a smile. He saw Frida reach out her hand and turn off the light from the lamp that illuminated her bedside, he did the same with his lamp. "Are you tired?" He asked.

She cleared her throat. "Something like that," and she looked at him in the dark. "Do you want something?"

"No," he shook his head and felt her lean back against his chest. He kissed her nose and wrapped her hands around her shoulders to hug her. "I thought we might talk a little since it's been a while we were together," he said. By that time, she was already falling asleep and couldn't answer. "Good night," he whispered. Benny noticed that she was comfortable on top of him and he didn't complain at all...

***

Frida began to wake up, still without opening her eyes, he had slept on her stomach, something unusual in her, that she almost always slept on her back. But she could assure that she slept a great part of the night on top of Benny, if not it was all night and she regretted it, now she felt her back break. She sighed and decided to open her eyes, especially since she didn't feel his presence in the bed or in the room.