you and i

Frida was entering the hospital as promised, she had in her hands the bouquet of flowers that she had gone to buy minutes before with Jonathan, he was a few steps ahead eager to see his grandfather Benny. For her part, Frida was trembling, "wait," she warned him so she could ask the nurse where Benny's room was. Jonathan stopped, Frida then went to the nurse cubicle. "Good morning, I'm here to see Mr. Andersson, Benny Andersson," she said.

"Good morning, Mr. Andersson has two visitors now, would you give me a moment to announce your arrival?" Frida nodded. Meanwhile, she asked her grandson to come with her for a second, she leaned down a little and passed her the flowers.

"When we go in, you bring the flowers with you, understood?" Jonathan looked at her suspiciously.

"Why don't you want to do it yourself?" He questioned her.

"Benny will be happier if you give them to him," she gave him a brief smile to cover any discomfort. "Besides, you were the one with the idea, I can't take credit from you," she expressed.

Jonathan accepted and kept the flowers. "Ma'am, you can go to room 512," the nurse authorized her, not needing many details either because she knew who she was.

"Thank you," Frida answered and then held Jonathan by the shoulder, both of them walking to find the room.

"It's here," she heard her grandson as he stopped, pointing to the room that had the number engraved on the door.

"You're right," Frida nodded, approached and knocked on the door, she didn't know who was inside, she didn't want to be reckless either. Five seconds the door opened, Ludvig appeared. "Good morning," she grew even more nervous.

"Hello Frida. Good morning," he invited them inside. She made sure Jonathan got in first. In the room was also Peter, who immediately went to greet them. Frida and he exchanged a warm hug, they both needed it.

"Grandpa Benny!" Jonathan exclaimed when he saw that he was awake and caused the hug between Peter and Frida to be interrupted, she wanted to see him. Benny smiled immediately, as if his soul had returned to his body. He held out his hand to him and Jonathan moved closer, taking it. "Why are you here?" he asked worriedly.

Benny sighed, "I fainted, nothing serious," he lied, "but I'm fine," he tried to get strong, he was sitting but he didn't want to, it made him look weaker and run down, it wasn't the image he wanted to project. Benny tried to sit up, with some effort.

"Dad, I don't think you should do that," Peter chimed in, noticing that Benny was pushing himself too hard.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He avoided any help, until little by little he managed to sit on the stretcher.

"My grandmother and I bought you these flowers to make you feel better," Jonathan passed the bouquet to him. "She asked me to give it to you because she said you would be happier if i did and not her," he added. Frida swallowed hard and Benny looked up and his eyes connected with  hers who was looking at him, she immediately blushed and tried to avoid his gaze.

"Thank you, they're pretty," Benny didn't take his eyes off her so as not to be so obvious, turned to Jonathan. Ludvig offered to put them in water so they wouldn't wither. "When did you come?" Benny then made room on the bed for Jonathan to sit next to him. "I'm so glad you're here," he confessed.

"I arrived yesterday and I am also glad to be here. I missed my grandmother a lot, my uncle Hans and my cousin Ilona," Jonathan confessed. Frida was looking at them, standing next to Peter and Ludvig from the foot of the bed.

"And me?" Benny teased and Jonathan lay back next to him laughing too.

"Of course you too, that's why I wanted to come see you, I was very worried that you were in the hospital," he lowered his gaze.