Baby Don't You Cry No More

Björn and Frida were each sitting in a chair on either side of the hospital bed, it had been two hours since they had been there, silent and waiting for something else to happen. From time to time they exchanged glances but Frida was more shy and kept her head lowered.

Benny began to open his eyes, he was still dizzy and confused but the first thing he saw was Frida playing with her thumbs. He felt a slight tickle in his stomach and half smiled, "Am I in heaven yet?" He joked, being the first thing he said and causing both Björn and Frida to immediately look up in expectation.

Her eyes sparkled at seeing him awake and smiled at his sense of humor, "don't say that," she got up from her chair and held his hand.

"It seems that way," he affirmed caressing her and completely ignoring the presence of Björn, who also got up from his seat and stood next to Frida.

"I see you're glad to see me too," he added. "Although I don't know if with me here this feels more like heaven or hell anymore," Björn joked causing them to laugh.

"This is kind of a limbo where I have the angel and the devil," Benny replied and the three of them were silent for a moment. "But I'm fine..." he assured because despite the jokes, he noticed the faces of tragedy and anguish that both of them had.

"That's not true," Frida answered sadly, before she could continue, Benny interrupted her knowing exactly where she would go.

"I know you're going to scold me for breaking my promise, but please, I already know what I did wrong," he stepped forward.

"No, I'm not going to scold you for now. Also, I didn't want you to keep the promise for me, I just wanted to prevent you from getting right here, but maybe it was necessary to see if you hit rock bottom now..."

"I don't know how to control it, Frida," he grew more serious with regret.

"The doctor will come at some point to explain your situation, and you will have to decide whether to live or die," she was stern. All the time Björn was observant watching them talk, apparently more had happened than he imagined while they were together; They had deep conversations.

Benny's cell phone began to ring, bringing the three pairs of eyes to the table that was right next to the bed. Frida, who was closer, grabbed the phone and Benny reached out to take it. "I'll take the call, I don't want my family to worry about me," he warned. "They haven't been told about my condition, have they?" He asked one last question, Frida shook her head and Benny answered. "Hello!" He finally he said.

"Dad!" His youngest son's voice sounded on the other side of the line.

Two days later, it was 6pm, Frida was supposed to leave the day before back to Zermatt with Heinz, but she couldn't do that until she made sure Benny was okay, so Heinz went ahead, but she still would take a flight the next day at 9 in the morning. Benny had already been discharged with all the necessary conditions.

She was packing her suitcase and suddenly she felt very homesick, she would soon leave the apartment that she once bought and shared with Ruzzo, also had to leave behind the last few days trying to fight Benny's alcoholism, she didn't know if really wanted to leave him alone but actually couldn't do more either, she couldn't be with him always, especially considering that their lives had separated years ago.

As she folded the last piece of clothing left to put in her suitcase, the doorbell rang and she paused, her heart racing, she didn't know who it could be but suspected it might be Benny. She got up from the bed, put on her slippers and went to the door to clear her doubts, but before she stopped for a moment and feared: what if he's drunk? After what he'd done two nights ago, she was terrified that he might drink again and it would get worse.