a change

"Mona, it's over. You and I can't be together anymore," Benny repeated for the thousandth time, they had spent the whole day discussing the possibilities of a reconciliation, but each time he came to the conclusion that it was it.

"She just wants to get back to you for revenge, right?" Mona pointed. "Because of what I did to her, she still hasn't forgiven me that you decided to come with me twenty years ago," she added.

"Stop!" Benny yelled at her getting irritated. "Frida isn't like that, if she didn't take revenge then, now she'll even less do so," he defended her. "I'm the one who should never have left her side to come with you," he lamented, but only because he was in a moment of anger and didn't mean what he said. They heard a knock on the door and then Ludvig opened it.

"Hello guys, I'm home now," he said quietly, he had heard the screams and knew they were in an argument, so he wanted to interrupt so they would know he was there.

"Hello Ludvig, I'm sorry..." Benny paused, feeling guilty and embarrassed that his son only had to listen to fights between him and his mother. "We're having a conversation," he tried to disguise the matter.

"Yes, that's how I see..." Ludvig continued his game.

Benny sighed. "Ludvig, I'm leaving the house tonight," he finally said with a downcast head. "I know that you are already a young adult and you can understand what the situation is between your mom and me," he wanted to explain.

"Right," Ludvig agreed somewhat disoriented, he didn't know how to react, he wasn't surprised but he didn't feel comfortable either. "So now that you guys are getting a divorce do you need me to give you back your last name or how do we do it?" He said referring to the fact that he was not his biological son.

"Absolutely not!" Benny responded immediately. "No matter what happens between Mona and me, no matter what says what runs through your veins, you are my son and I love you, besides that you have the same vision, so we are the similarities of what you imagine, and doesn't matter those silly results of a laboratory."

"All right. I'll be in my room," Ludvig became indifferent to the situation and withdrew. Benny felt bad, although he had doubts if he was doing the right thing, he couldn't deny that for the first time in a long time he was doing something he really wanted, something that would lead him to happiness and there was no turning back.

His suitcases were ready, he had begun a few days ago to prepare for his departure. He and Mona didn't say another word, so once he had the suitcases in the car, he decided to go up to Ludvig's room to say goodbye to him. He was listening to loud music trying to fill the void and focus on other things. Benny started to knock on the door but he knew it was in vain, he wouldn't listen. He opened a little, Ludvig was sitting on the bed while he was reading some notes on a notebook, he looked up at his dad and tried to lower the volume of the music. "I came to say goodbye."

His son nodded, Benny came over and sat on the bed next to him. "Nothing is going to change, just like the fact that we don't carry the same blood changed our relationship," he assured his son.

"We'll be fine," he gave him a half smile, it wouldn't affect him that much either because his parents just fought all the time and didn't get along anymore, plus he was going back to college once the summer was over.

"We'll be there," Benny half smiled at him and hugged him tight, he didn't want him to be affected by his decision.

Later, Benny was in his apartment that he had just bought and where he intended to live during the divorce proceedings, luckily it was furnished and he didn't need major themes. Östermalm was a good place to live in the meantime, he had several friends who lived nearby. He put his suitcase in what would be his bedroom, he thought about unpacking it but he was not in the mood for that at the moment, he felt that his mind was on something else, in another place and there were many changes coming, drastic changes after living with Mona for a little over twenty years, and having lived continuously with a couple for over thirty, if we include the almost 12 years he was with Frida.