𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

song: marvelous - wallows

i got up real early the next morning around 6:30 AM to meet up with eliza and julia for some coffee.

i walked through the Starbucks doors, spotting them at a table. i walked over and sat down across from them. "hey, girls."
"hey." julia said, smiling. "how's you and cole?"
"he kissed me last night."
"what?!" they both said in unison. "cole kissed you?" eliza asked. "like, not a friendly peck? like a kiss kiss?"
"yeah." i smiled, thinking about last night. "i was going to make a move after his show yesterday but I get all fidgety and awkward." they both knitted their eyebrows in confusion. "show? what show?" eliza asked.

damn. i forgot i didn't tell them the truth.

i stammered, rubbing the back of my neck. that's when the Starbucks entrance opened and i saw a familiar face walk in.

it was dylan.

eliza turned to the door in curiosity and gasped, quickly turning back to us. "am i hallucinating or is that clay jensen in our local starbucks?"

oh no.

after getting his coffee, dylan quickly noticed me and smiled, making his way towards the table. "am i hallucinating or is the clay jensen making his way over to our table right now?!" eliza squealed. he sat down next to me. "hey, y/n. friends of yours?"
"uh, yeah. dyl, this is eliza and julia." i said, nervously laughing. i looked at the girls, eliza in utter shock and julia was more confused than anything. "are they o-"
"hi, clay!" eliza screamed, making me flinch. "oh, i see." dylan said in realization, chuckling. "does this happen on all your vacations?" julia asked. dylan scrunched up his face, looking at me. "vacation?"
"i didn't tell them the truth because i didn't know if they were fans or not, you know? i wanted you guys to be safe." i said lowly. dylan gave me a side hug. "thanks, but you can tell them. they seem cool enough, even eliza." he said. "omg clay jensen said my name!" eliza squealed once again. julia rolled her eyes. "enough of that. and what did you mean by not telling us the truth?" julia asked, crossing her arms and leaning on the table.

• • •

i explained everything to them, and of course they understood my worry. eliza calmed down after chatting with dylan for a while.

after we finished our drinks, we all packed up our stuff to leave. i stopped dylan in his tracks. "what are you doing here so early, anyway? aren't you exhausted?" i asked him. "i always get morning coffee. gets me pumped until showtime." i giggled, nodding in understanding.

dylan and i said goodbye to the girls, leaving Starbucks and making our way back to the hotel.