𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

song: just like a movie - wallows

a thick silence filled the air until dylan appeared from behind me, looking back and forth between the two of us. "i'm going to head home. i'll see you around." he said, breaking the awkward silence. he pat my back and then exited.

cole was shaking from the rain and summer breeze that flowed through the air. "cole, you're shivering. come on." i said coldly, gently wrapping two fingers around his index finger to lead him inside.

even though he was drenched, i could tell he has been crying from the slight puffiness of his eyes. it physically hurt me to see him like that, but i'm mad at him.

why am i mad at him? i have no idea.

maybe i'm not even angry at him. maybe i'm just angry at everything.

myself, maybe?

i'm overthinking this whole thing, but i do care about him.

a lot.

he shoved his hands in his pockets, fighting to make eye contact with me. "i can't tell whose been avoiding who." i stated, his eyes finally staring into mine. i started pacing around my living room, scoffing. "so, was this just a fun thing to do because you were bored?"
"what? no, of course not." he said, a look of annoyance on his face. "but you said you don't plan on loving me. that means that you never wanted anything serious. that this was just a joke."
"i didn't say that. what i meant was-"
"you don't have to say anything else. i understand. it was just a fling, it happens."
"well, do you love me." cole asked abruptly. i stopped in my tracks and thought for a moment. my eyes met his. he was waiting for an answer.

i knew i was going to regret what i was about to say next.

"i don't know." i whispered, not breaking eye contact. a look of hurt plastered onto his face.

that wasn't the answer he wanted.

i could hear my heart break.

i quickly wiped the tear falling down my face. "i just need time to think, please. go home, cole."
"i'm not going to sit around and watch this whole thing eat you alive, y/n. i want to help you." he said sweetly, inching closer to me and gently grabbing my wrists. "what you can do to help is go. home."
"okay." he sighed, as if he given up. he silently walked out the door.

i let out a loud groan as i sat down on the couch, picking up my phone to see a few messages from dylan.

clay jensen
july 21, 1:24 PM

clay jensen: i'm sorry i stormed out like that i wanted to give you guys space
y/n helloooo
do you not love me anymore???
☹️

you: he just left

clay jensen: are you okay?

you: you ask that a lot

clay jensen: you're like a sista to me
i care about you

you: speaking of siblings
have you heard from mine?

clay jensen: meh
i told him the other day that i knew about it and since then he's been dry

you: is it just me or is he being a bit ridiculous?

clay jensen: he just has big brother mode activated

you: i should probably at least try to call him, right?

clay jensen: girl yes

i immediately clicked on braeden's contact, spamming him with calls and messages. of course, he didn't answer. i rolled my eyes, thinking more and more about how messed up this is making me.