𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

song: are you bored yet? - wallows

braeden's POV

today's the day where i'm finally going to talk to cole after what feels like forever.

i arrived at his house quickly, knocking on his door. he opened it almost right away, welcoming me inside. "i talked with dylan and y/n, so now it's your turn. now that i think of it, i've been having way too many talks lately. it's like i'm in therapy." cole let out a laugh. "okay."
"i wanted to apologize for the way i acted. i just caused too much drama, and i know it was draining for all of us. can we be friends again?" cole furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms. "braeden, seriously? we were never not friends. you're literally one of my best friends." i shrugged. "true."
"and i um... really love your sister. i hope you know i'll never hurt her." cole said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "if you do i'll beat your ass." i said sternly, inching closer to him. his face grew of fear. "sorry, sorry. it's the big brother thing again. but i know you do, i could see it all over your face when you talk to her. or even talk about her."
"yeah." he blushed and grinned.

i knew he was thinking about her, and that alone made me feel happy. it was stupid of me to think he'll ever hurt her in the first place.

he sighed. "we were going to tell you, but y/n was nervous about how you would react. i wanted to give her as much time as she needed. i didn't want to rush her."
"and i respect you for being patient, cole." i gave him a hug, the tension between us finally fading away.

• • •

i texted y/n when i got home. we were catching up in general, but i also wanted to tell her about what happened between me and cole.

mini lemasters
july 23, 12:56 PM

you: i'm done with my therapy sessions!

mini lemasters: that's great to hear
how'd it go?

you: swimmingly
he said something that really made me happy

mini lemasters: which was?

you: that he loves you
it made me happy

mini lemasters: yeahhhh :)
he's a good egg

you: i have a song for you, ready?
y/n and cole, sitting in a tree

mini lemasters: stop

you: k-i-s-s-i-n-g

mini lemasters: STOP

you: first comes love, then comes marriage
then comes y/n with a baby carriage

mini lemasters: actually can you be mad again so i don't have to talk to you anymore?

i chuckled as i placed my phone down next to me. i felt so much calmer than i was before, being relieved that all of this finally came to peace.