𝑡𝑒𝑛

song: pictures of girls - wallows

y/n's POV

braeden was tidying up in the tour bus while cole and dylan were setting up the stage. they had a few more hours before showtime, but they still had to do sound check of course. i was rummaging through the CVS bag to look for the makeup, being that i still had to cover up some teeny-tiny spots.

i swear i put it back in here.

i came out from backstage still rummaging through the bag. "have any of you guys seen my little thing of makeup? i thought i put it back in this bag, but i guess i didn't." i asked them. i saw dylan's eyes widen, glancing back and forth between me and cole.

he had this freaked out look on his face. "oh! OH!" he was frantically jumping up and down on the stage pointing back and forth between us. "dylan, come here." cole said through gritted teeth, both me and him pushing dylan backstage. "ohmygod. oh my god. OH MY GOD!"
"yes, dylan. yes."
"you? and you?" he pointed to cole and then me. "yes, but please don't tell braeden." i pleaded. "how? when?"
"it all started in New York." cole replied. "IN NEW YORK?!" dylan screamed, cole and me shushing him. not like braeden can hear him from here, but you honestly never know. "the reason we didn't tell you guys was because we didn't want to make it a big deal."
"but it is a big deal! I HAVE TO TELL BRAEDEN!" he shouted again, still shaken up about the whole thing. he started running towards the door. "no, dyl, please!" i begged, stopping him. "but-but, why not?"
"how do you think braeden will react when he finds out his sister and best friend have been screwing behind his back for almost a month?" i crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. dylan thought for a moment. "that's fair." he said, calming down. cole came up to me and held my hand. he had a huge smile on his face, like he was relieved that somebody knew. "awwww, how cute. i'm gonna finish setting up. don't be too wild, you crazy kids!" dylan joked, going back onstage.

• • •

i was laying down in my bunk bed scrolling on my phone. it was really late at night and the boys were already asleep.

hoes
july 2, 12:16 AM

you: dylan knows.

julia: what.

eliza: huh

you: dylan found out
about me and cole

julia: OMG

eliza: NO WAY
HOW WAS HE SO QUICK WITH IT

you: my dumbass dropped my makeup and didn't know
and then i guess he found it cause when i asked if him or cole seen it he started to freak out
🥲

eliza: OH NO

julia: did he tell braeden?

you: i literally begged him not to and i trust him to keep this secret
honestly i'm fine with dylan knowing it's braeden that i'm worried about
he'll literally kill me AND cole
and possibly dylan too cause he kept this from him

eliza: i mean you have to tell him eventually because telling him instead of him finding out will probably have a better solution

you: i know :(
soon

i set my phone down, tossing and turning on the bed until i got comfortable. i'm relieved that at least somebody knows, but braeden is the problem.

well, technically i'm the problem.

braeden literally isn't doing anything wrong.

i am.

oh no.

i sat up in the bed in full panic, my overthinking taking over my brain.

i started all of this madness.

doing this behind braeden's back, forcing dylan not to say anything...

if i didn't come in the first place, none of this would've happened.

how is cole feeling about this? has he been honest with me?

have i been honest with... him?

oh my god i'm the worst sister ever.

i wiped the tear that was running down my face with the palm of my hand. i laid down again trying to steady my breathing. the negative thoughts were still rolling in my head.

this is my fault.