𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒

song: at the end of the day - wallows

it's been about two weeks, and cole has been coming over occasionally. i of course saw dylan and braeden between that span too, but cole was over almost all the time.

currently, cole and i were laying down on my bed, talking about the most random things. "braeden and dylan are coming over soon. you better climb out the window or something before they get here." i warned, making cole chuckle. "this isn't a high school drama movie."
"still."
"let's make the most of it, then." he smirked, kissing me with passion.

the butterflies never get old.

• • •

cole stood up to gather his belongings while i still laid under the covers. "get going before they show up."
"i know. i'll be back later though, don't worry." he grinned, giving me a peck before heading towards the door. he had his pants on, but his shirt was folded over his arm. as cole was about to walk out of the room, he stopped in the doorway.

he was looking at someone.

shit.

braeden and dylan were there. dylan looked sad while braeden was fuming. i get up from my bed, covering myself with the blanket. braeden winced when he saw me, hoping that what he heard behind the closed door wasn't true. "i'm sorry." dylan mouthed, a look of guilt across his face. "how long?" braeden said coldly, clenching his fists. "a while." cole admitted, staring into braeden's glare. braeden stepped closer to cole, trying to hide his anger the best he could. i've never seen him this angry. hell, i've never really seen braeden angry. "you've been fucking my sister?" cole stayed silent, the both of us embarrassed.

i felt humiliated. even though cole said it wasn't, this whole thing is definitely my fault.

"do you love her?" braeden asked sternly. cole thought for a moment. "i don't know."
"do you plan to love her?" cole looked down to the floor, shaking his head slowly.

what.

what.

what the fuck?

braeden didn't take his eyes off cole for a while. he exhaled before finally speaking. "you know what? i'm just going to go home. both of you- just- don't even." braeden stammered, hurriedly running down the stairs. he opened the door, slamming it shut. "i saw cole's car outside and tried to stop him from coming in. i'll go talk to him." dylan said, following braeden. cole slowly turned to face me, tears welling up in his eyes. "y/n-"
"you should go, too." i croaked. there was hurt in his eyes and i knew he wanted to something, but he didn't.

i know i told him to leave, but part of me wanted him to stay for some reason.

but he left.

just like that.