Part 17

"Jesus fucking Christ, help us all."

   "That it was all for me." El said as she continued to tell everyone about what Billy had told her. "Building something...is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked the group. "He must be." Nancy said. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas spoke out. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike said. "He's building it to stop Eleven." Will realized. "Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off. And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-" Mike said before Molly cut him off, saying, "Game over."

It was silent for a moment before El spoke up again. "He also said, he was gonna kill, all of you." At those words Molly tensed up. "No, there's no way. He's obviously being controlled." Molly said. "Well, that's nice." Max said sarcastically.

Nancy slowly walked over towards a window. "Do you guys hear that?" She asked quietly. "It's just the fireworks." Jonathan replied. "Billy. When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked El, who nodded in response. Molly soon started to get a headache, and looked up to see Will grabbing the back of his back. "He knows." Will whispered. "He knows we're here." Molly finished.

Everyone quickly walked out of the house and saw the Mind Flayer quickly coming towards them. Nancy went into the shed to get a gun and Molly went inside to help the kids board the house up. "Yeah. That's good like that." Molly said to Mike and Eleven, who had helped her put a table against a wall. "Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy told the group as everyone huddled in the middle of the room. Things in the house started to shake, signaling that it was getting closer. Molly looked out the window to see a shadow coming towards the house.

"Where'd it go?" Max asked, but no one answered. A few seconds later the Mind Flayer flew through a wall and entered the room. As it knocked Jonathan into a wall, Nancy shot a gun at it. It then went to attack Nancy, but luckily, El used her powers first. Using both hands, El quickly broke it's hands off, just for it to come flying down from the roof and grab El by the leg.

Molly quickly grabbed the girls arms, and tried to bring her back to the ground. The kids came to help her hold onto Eleven. "Nancy shoot it!" Jonathan yelled out. As Nancy was shooting at it and Lucas hit it with an axe, it finally let go. El used her powers to make it break in two. Everyone quickly ran out of the house and towards Nancy's car, Molly getting in the back with Mike and Eleven.

They quickly pull in front of the supermarket and realize the door's locked. "Shit, what do we do now?" Mike asked worriedly. "I got it." Molly said as she picked up a rock and threw it at the glass, shattering it to pieces. "Holy shit." Molly heard Nancy say under her breath.

As they walked into the store and sat El down in an isle, Nancy came running over with stuff to clean the wound. "Okay, get her down." Nancy told Mike and Max. Nancy pulled up El's pant leg, and at the sight of the cut, Molly couldn't help the gag that left her mouth. "What- hey, what are you doing?" Max asked Nancy. "I'm cleaning the wound." The girl replied with a shrug. "No, first, we need to stop the bleeding. Then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Molly said, making Nancy and Jonathan look at her weirdly. "Max skateboards, trust me." She said before standing up and walking away, no longer able to look at the wound.

"Bowl..where are the bowls?" Molly heard Lucas say from the isle next to her. She got up and walked over to see him and Will walking down an isle, aimlessly. "Bowl. Why wouldn't it be with the cereal?" Lucas asked Will. "I don't know." The boy replied. "What else would you even use a bowl for, am I right?" Molly asked, making the boys turn to look at her. "Oh, you're most definitely right." Lucas replied with a small smile.