Part 21

"Holy shit...it's all happening again."

The next morning, Tilly looked out her window to see cop cars swarming the Munson trailer. As she walked outside, Max followed behind her with a confused face. "Looks like that Munson boy's yo to no good again." Susan said as she stood next to the two girls. As they started to walk closer to the commotion, they saw a body laying down on the inside of the trailer. "Hey! You can't be out here. Get back inside." A cop said to them, making them quickly walk back towards their trailer.

"Chrissy." Molly breathed out once she was done getting dressed. "Yeah, I know. We need to tell the group." Max said to the older girl. "Yeah. But, who do we go to first?" Molly asked, not knowing who the best option would be. "I think I have an idea. Just trust me on this."

So Max and Molly got onto their bikes and rode over towards the Henderson house. Just a second after Max rang the doorbell, the scared looking face of Dustin Henderson opened the door.

"Chrissy Cunningham? You're sure it was Chrissy?" Dustin asked after they had explained what they saw. "Yes, in her cheerleader outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." Max said quickly. "Did you tell all of this to the cops?" Dustin asked, pacing back and forth. "No. No, but I mean. We can't be the only people who saw them together. I mean, they stood out." Molly pointed out.

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin asked, not believing what he was hearing. "Exactly. You know, his names not in the news yet or anything. But I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one right now." Max said, making Molly clench her jaw. "That's crazy." Molly said sternly. "Yeah. Eddie didn't do this. No way. No way." Dustin agreed.

It was quiet for a minute before Max quickly said, "We can't rule it out."

"Yes, we can." Molly argued. "Molly! Dustin!" Max said exasperated. "You don't know him like I do, Max. Okay? When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike and me? I mean no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie. And you as well Molly, of course." Dustin said, adding the last part quietly.

Molly gave him a grateful smile. "Okay. Well, they said the same shut about Ted Bundy. Yeah, he's a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekend." Max rambled out. "So you're saying Eddie, is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin said, trying to make her see how ridiculous it all sounded. "No, I'm not saying-I'm saying that we can't presume anything, okay? But it doesn't look good for Eddie."

It was quiet for a moment as Dustin soaked in all the new found information, before he quickly lifted his head and said, "Why haven't you two told the cops this?"

"I...I don't know." Max stuttered. "You don't know?" Dustin asked. "After, I saw Eddie and Chrissy go into the trailer together, something else happened. Nothing that weird or anyone. I mean...Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes off at our place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But...This morning, I started to think back, and, Molly mentioned that..." Max started, trailing off.

"The look on his face. He was scared, Dustin. Really scared. Maybe he was scared because, you know, he just killed someone or...well maybe...something else, killed her." Molly said, helping Max finish the sentence. "But that's impossible. Right?" Max asked. "I don't know. It should be." Dustin breathed out. "And guys, I felt something. On the back of my neck. And I started to get a pounding headache. Just like...well...like I did with the Mind Flayer." Molly said, trying to be helpful.