Part 20

"Say that again, bitch!"

   It was the last day of school before spring break started. Molly had gone to visit the Byers and Eleven over Christmas, but didn't have enough money to go again. Billy's car had broke down, again, last month. Molly couldn't keep spitting up money to pay for it to be fixed, so she started riding to school with her friend that lived across the street, Eddie Munson.

Molly abruptly woke up to the sound of honking, outside of her window. She looked out to see Eddie sitting in his driveway. "Shit." She cursed under her breath, getting up quickly to get dressed. She slipped on a pair of baggy jeans, and a green sweater. She ran out of the trailer quickly, knowing Max left earlier to take the bus. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" Molly yelled out as she tried to put her shoes on, while walking towards the van.

She ended up tripping and falling onto her face. "Shit! Molly!" Eddie yelled as he ran out to help her stand up. "Are you okay?" He asked the girl. "Yeah. Just peachy." Molly replied sarcastically. "Whatever." Eddie mumbled as he helped her into the van, and then got in on his side. He started the car and turned on some music. Molly and Eddie had similar music taste, so they always enjoyed their car rides in the morning.

They finally arrived at school, and walked into the gym, sitting down for the pep rally. Eddie went and sat by his friends, while Molly sat next to Max.

Cheerleaders. The boys favorites. Molly got the offer to join the team, but she denied, not feeling like having to smile all the time. She watched as the girls danced and did tedious tricks on the middle of the gym floor. The dance was finished by the boy cheerleaders doing a few flips.

"And let's hear it for your Tigers!" The principal of the school said into the microphone, as all the basketball players came running into the gym. Jason, the captain of the basketball team, took the microphone. Molly automatically caught sight of Andy, her boyfriend of 8 months now. She smiled at him, and he returned the gesture with a wink.

"Good morning, Hawkins High!" Jason said into the microphone. "First off...Hey. First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand." Jason yelled out, causing the crowd to erupt into a fit of cheers and clapping. Molly couldn't help but roll her eyes. No matter how good of friends him and Andy were, she would never grow to be friends with the annoying boy.

Molly saw out of the corner of her eye, Lucas wave at Max. She knew the two had broken up, due to Max's depression, but she wishes they were still friends. "And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad." Jason said, pointing to the girls on the floor. Molly looked towards Andy with a smirk on her face, and he gave her the same look. He mouthed a quick, I love you, and Molly did the same.

"Chrissy...Chrissy I love you, babe." Jason said, giving a look of love to his girlfriend. Molly and Chrissy were good friends, they hung out a good bit, and she still couldn't believe she was dating such a douche bag. "You know...I think I can speak for all of us when I say, it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, 'How much loss can one community take?' In dark days like this, we need something to believe in." Jason started, making his usual emotional speech.

"So, last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said, "Think of Jack. Think of Melissa. Think of Heather. Think of Billy." Jason said, not even realizing the pain those names caused people. Molly gulped and sent the boy a hard glare, once he mentioned her brother. She looked at Max, and reached out to grab her hand, but the younger girl pulled away. "Think about our heroic police chief, Jim Hopper. Think about each and every one of our friends who perished in that fire. What did they die for?" Jason asked out rhetorically.