Part 25

"No idea."

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car? Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." Robin said in the car. "It'll be fine." Nancy replied. "It's just, I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again."

Molly was sitting in the back of the car with Dustin and Steve. "At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Molly replied, holding up the six pack.

Robin then started to ramble and Molly couldn't bring herself to listen.

"...See Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve said, brining Molly back into the conversation.

Nancy cursed as the rolled up to Reefer Ricks house, seeing a bunch of people outside. And cops. And a news van. Just all the stuff that shouldn't be there.

The Sheriff was being recorded, saying why everyone was there. Patrick. Apparently he was the next victim to Vecna's crimes. Him and Andy were good friends.

Oh-no. Andy. Molly thought to herself. She had totally forgotten to call him last night. And now one of his best friends was dead. She needed to call him, and soon.

Then things got even worse. The sheriff held up a picture of Eddie, saying that he, himself, is the killer. "No. This is so not good news." Molly said to the group, feeling a little lightheaded.

"Dustin, can you hear me? Molly? Wheeler?" Eddie's voice rung out for the radio. "Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?" Dustin asked, making Molly roll her eyes. Of course Eddie's not okay. He's being blamed for murder, Dustin.

"Nah, man. Pretty goddamn far from okay." Eddie said, making Molly grab the radio from Dustin's hands. "Eddie, where are you?" She asked quickly. "Skull Rock. Do you know it?" Eddie replied. "Uh yeah. That's new Cornwallis and Garrett. I know where it is. Hold tight. We're coming." Molly said as the group started off towards the car.

As they were walking in the woods, Molly looked around confused. "Steve. I don't think this is the right way." She whispered to the boy next to her. "Yeah, no kidding. Hey! Dustin, I don't think this is the right direction." Steve spoke out, making Dustin look at them. "Yes it is."

"Dude, I'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way." Molly added, knowing she had never passed that small Charlie Brown Christmas tree before. "It's north. I'm positive. I checked the map." Dustin replied, holding the map in the air, causing Molly to lean forward and grab it.

"You do realize Skull Rock, it's a super popular make out spot?" Steve asked, looking at the map with Molly. "Yeah, so?" Dustin asked. "Yeah, well, it wasn't popular until Steve made it popular." Molly mumbled, looking up at Steve's triumphant grin.

She looked back at the map, and then up at the trail they were on. Her and Andy had been to Skull Rock many times to...study. So, she knew the way pretty well.

When Molly looked back down at the map, she accidentally tripped over a rock and fell hard on her face. "Oh goodness, Molly. You good?" Steve asked her, picking her up off the ground.

She wiped the dirt off her navy sweater. "Well, if we were going in the right direction, I would've known the rock was there." Molly replied, giving Dustin a look.

"Hey! This looks like the right direction." Molly said happily a few minutes later. "Yeah. Did you not see me turn us this way earlier?" Steve asked, feeling concerned for the girl.