Part 22

"Pretty sure that's what happened."

   The next day, the group of 5 brought food and some drinks for Eddie. "Delivery service." Molly said as they entered the large shed.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asked as Eddie stuffed his face. "Bad news first, always." He mumbled a reply. "All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." Molly spoke up. "Also, they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin added.

Eddie looked worried for a moment, but he looked terrified once Max said, "Like, 100% kind of convinced."

"And the good news?" Eddie asked hopefully.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin said, making Molly look down sadly.

She felt bad for her friend. Molly knew there was nothing she could do, but she would still try everything in her power to make sure Eddie didn't go to jail. "Hunt the freak, right?"

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin said, almost like it was as easy as baking a pie. "That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asked sarcastically. "Yeah. That's pretty much it." Dustin replied with a shrug.

"Listen, Eddie. I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally crazy and bonkers, but we've actually been through this before. So, bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this. And trust me, I'm never going to give up on you, okay?" Molly said, making Eddie nod his head. 

"We usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh, those went bye bye, so..." Steve said, trailing off.

Molly almost wanted to laugh, but she restrained herself for the sake of Steve.

"So we're technically in more of the-" Robin started, looking to Molly for help. "Brainstorming phase."

Steve snapped his fingers, like that was the word he was looking for. "There's nothing...nothing to worry about." Dustin said in a high pitched voice before they heard sirens in the distance. "Shit." Molly said as she grabbed the tarp and flung it over Eddie's face.

They all went running towards the windows to see cop cars flying by. They got into the car and drove off to see what all the commotion was. The group pulled up towards the crime scene, noticing it was another attack from Vecna.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asked as they all sat at a picnic table in the trailer park. "If the shoe fits." Tilly mumbled.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell, or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin said, squinting in the sun. "All we know is this is something different. Something new." Max added.

Nancy shook her head. "Doesn't make sense."

"It's only a theory." Molly said quickly. "No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asked, making Molly look down in confusion. "Maybe they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were both at the game." Dustin suggested. "And near the trailer park." Max added.