Part 24

"Wow. I think you cracked the case Steve."

Molly woke up and looked over at Max, sleeping on the couch. Dustin was meant to be keeping an eye on her, but it seems he had fallen asleep as well. "Max. Maxine wake up." Molly said as she shook the young girl. "What?" Max groaned, sitting up. "Let's go get some breakfast from upstairs. I'm hungry but I don't wanna go up there alone."

"Morning guys. Everything okay?" Mrs. Wheeler said randomly a few minutes later, making Molly lift her head. She saw Nancy and Dustin standing there, so she smiled and sent them a wave. "I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this." Karen said with a warm smile. "Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Ted grumbled, making Molly roll her eyes.

Nancy came over to the table and sat between Max and Molly. "You okay?" She asked the young girl. "Couldn't sleep well. Molly woke me up to get breakfast. But, Holly let me borrow some of her crayons. We've been having fun, right, Holly?" Max asked, looking over at the little girl who seemed to be paying no attention.

"Is this what you saw last night?" Nancy asked. "I mean, it's supposed to be. I thought it'd be easier to draw it out than to explain it, but...not so much." Max replied with a shrug. "Is that..." Nancy trailed off, looking at a disturbing drawing. "It was like they were on display. And then there was this red fog everywhere. It was like a dream. A nightmare."

"Do you think Vecna's just trying to scare you?" Molly asked, feeling like she should join the conversation.

Max looked up at her, almost like she forgot that she was sitting there. "Umm, with Billy, yeah. But when I made it here...I dunno, something was different. He seemed surprised, almost. Like he didn't want me there." Max said, looking at the sad look that passed over Molly's face when she mentioned Billy.

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind. He invaded your mind, right? Is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his? Like Freddie Krueger's boiler room." Dustin said, making Holly look up confused. "Freddie Krueger?" She asked confused. "He's a super burned up dude with razors for fingers. And he kills you in your dreams. He's my favorite." Molly spoke up, answering for Dustin. "Molly! Seriously?" Nancy asked, giving the girl a pointed look.

Molly looked at Holly, before gulping. "Sorry. It's just a movie. My favorite movie." Molly said, grumbling the last part. "Just...think about it. What if you somehow unlocked a back door to Vecna's world? Like, maybe the answer we're looking for is somewhere in this incredibly vague drawing. God, we need Will." Dustin groaned, making Molly smack him in the arm.

"Don't talk shit about my sisters drawing skills. Oh, don't say that word, by the way, Holly. Whoops." Molly said, looking at the young girl, but sighing once she realized she wasn't paying attention. "Besides, I tried them again this morning and it's the same busy signal." Molly added.

Nancy picked up a drawing, and looked at it carefully. "Is this a window? Stained glass with roses?" She asked. "Yeah. See? I'm not so terrible after all." Max said with a shrug. "Yeah, well, it helps that I've seen it before." Nancy said as she grabbed the papers, and started to piece them together. "It's pieces of a house." Molly breathed out.

"Not just any house. It's Victor Creel's house." Nancy said, standing up. "Where you going?" Dustin asked. "Waking the others."

~

   They arrived at the Creel house, and walking up the steps, Molly already felt shivers go down her spine. "Yeah. That's not creepy." She mumbled under her breath.