9

༒

𝙪𝙝𝙝...𝙝𝙞𝙞
.
.
.

.
.
.

Aida sucks her thumb as her phone buzzes for the third time.

Torri: why you not answering the phone?

Ever since Aida found her toys outside, she's been avoiding Torri. Fearful that the girl would judge her and stop talking to her. What if she was calling to confront her about it?

Due to these anxious thoughts, she's been slipping in and out of her little resulting in her having to call out for work. Of course, Paris was upset but Aida had no other choice. If she went to work in the state she was in she was bound to be fired.

Torri: yo you dead ass finna piss me off. It's been a fuckin week. did I do some? cause if I did say that shit don't just fuckin ghost me man you trippin

Aida furrows her pretty eyebrows. She wasn't ghosting Torri. So, why would Torri think that?

        Maybe because she never seen the toys. Aida lightens up a little at the sudden thought but it's gone as soon as it came. What if I'm wrong?

       How can you be wrong? Did she say anything about toys in that text? Aida re-reads it. It doesn't say anything about toys. She actually realized that Torri seemed mad about something totally different: Being ghosted.

       But, I'm not doing that.

       Torri doesn't think that.

       Aida shakes her head to clear her mind. This was starting to overwhelm her. She rubs her eyes before going to the bathroom to splash her face. It calmed her down enough to begin thinking clearly and she stares at herself in the mirror. She was debating on calling Torri to figure out what was really going on from her side of things.

       But, what if she actually did see those toys?

       Aida straight faces herself, annoyed with her indecisive thought pattern. You'd think dealing with this 24/7 would result in her being use to it but all it did was cause fear and stress.

       She made her decision and settled on her bed before grabbing her phone. Nervousness instantly spread throughout her body as her finger hovered over Torri's name.

       This won't be a good idea.

      She bites her lip before clicking the FaceTime icon anyway. She immediately regret it after it started ringing but she couldn't decline because it seemed as though Torri was waiting for her to call due to the 'Connecting...' indication at the top of her screen.