4

As requested, here you go lovely people. Enjoy!

...

When she got home, she kicked her shoes off and went straight to the kitchen, she hadn't eaten all day.

She opens the fridge and to her dismay, there was nothing in there. She had forgotten to go grocery shopping. She sighs and goes upstairs. Luckily she had a mini-refrigerator in her room with snacks and drinks. She didn't bother taking off her work clothes and plopped down on the bed with a strawberry Swiss Roll and water. She grabs her bear before unwrapping the cake. "Today was horrible, Cookie," she starts, "My boss is the worse." She takes a bite. "I don't think I spent enough time with you this morning. I'm sorry. I know that's why today went so bad 'cause you're my charm." She rubs his head and her phone buzzes.

Torri: was I doing too much with...

She quickly opens the message. She had forgotten all about Torri. There were two messages before this one.

11 hours ago
Torri: lol why you ain't answer?

8 hours ago
Torri: damn no text back?

Torri: was I doing too much with the face time? if so my fault...

Aida quickly types a reply.

Aida: hey I just got back from work im sorry

The bubbles pop up indicating Torri was typing but then she suddenly calls. Again. Aida hesitates before accepting it. When it connects, Torri's face pops up. She was smoking.

"Wassup." She smiles. "I thought your ass ain't wanna talk to a nigga for a second."

Aida blushes. "No—I mean yeah, I do wanna talk. I was saying no cause you thought I didn't wanna talk...yeah." She bites into her cake to hide her embarrassment.

Torri laughs. "How was your day?"

Aida's face saddens but she smiles. "It was good."

"Nah, don't lie to me. Why that face?"

Aida shakes her head. "It's nothing."

"You sure? You can talk to me."

"I don't want to lay all of my baggage on you."

"You won't be, babygirl. Let it out."

Aida looks away. "I was late for work today. I forgot to set an alarm last night because when I got home I was so tired. I tried to tell my boss but she didn't take it so well. She told me she didn't want to hear my sob story. She told me she'd fire me if I was late again. I need this job. I can't afford to lose it. She told me I was on thin ice. Y-You'd think she'd say it was okay and make me feel better about my actions but she didn't. She was so harsh." Aida was pinching her finger out of camera view to stop herself from bursting into tears.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. Working can get stressful. I remember I had a job, multiple jobs actually. It would start out good then turn to shit. My co-workers always tried to tell me how to do my job and ian like that. Ion like being told what to do, especially if I know what I'm doing. And it was always the co-workers never the bosses. But it was this one time, I was working at a Dunkin Donuts close to me and my boss said some bullshit."

"Did she taunt you?"

"Hell nah, I wish a bitch would. She wasn't even in the position to do that. Yeah, she was my boss but she wasn't no better than me. What would make you think it was something like that?"