1

Paris grabs Aida's shoulders and shakes her roughly. "Get your head in the game! You taking too long to take their orders! Speak up so they can hear you."

          Aida swallows her tears and nods. She turns to the window separating her from the outside and is met with the group she's currently accompanying. It was about five of them and they all looked irritated. Sweat was dripping down their faces and their edges were curling up. "W-What can I get you today?" Aida's voice was inaudible. It was loud in the amusement park, with music and large groups of people.

          "What? Girl I cannot hear you. Just refill our cups with Gatorade, it's hot as hell." One girl fans herself as she shoves her and her friends cups into the window.

          Aida mumbles a quick sorry as she grabs them. She struggles with them, dropping one on the ground.

          "That's it! Go take a damn break. What the hell is going on with you?" Paris snatches the cup off the floor and the rest from Aida before taking over. Aida goes to the back with her head held down as the other workers watch with concern.

           Once she steps foot into the mini break room, she falls apart. She didn't mean to be this way. It wasn't her fault. But no one here understood that. They just wanted their food and drinks. And Paris just wanted the line to keep moving to prevent angry customers. Aida rubs her eyes as she sniffs. She didn't like being out in the open, where everyone could look at her, judge her, laugh at her. She was aware that this job consisted of crowds and crowds of people but she had no other choice than to apply. She needed the money. So she sucked it up and got herself together, or tried to at least. She pulls the mini teddy bear out of her pocket and kisses it before putting it against her wet cheek. She wished she was at home, in the comfort of her blankets relaxing with cookie.

          Cookie was her brown teddy bear. She had it since she was three and was always attached to it. She'd walk around with it up to her nose, inhaling the sweet scent on it. It didn't have it anymore but she still found herself sniffing it as a way to keep herself calm.

           She practices her breathing methods she learned from YouTube to help her calm down and by then it was time for her to go back out and take over.

          There was another group, five studs to be exact. Aida gulps. She's always been intimidated by other studs. They seemed so cool, hard and...masculine. While she on the other hand was suffering with age regression and severe anxiety.

          They were all laughing at something the stud on the far left said before one of the ones in the middle leaned against the counter. Aida watches as her tongue darts out to lick her lips before showing her pearlie whites.

          "Can I get a refill, please? Blue Gatorade." Sweat was dripping down her temple as her cocoa skin gleamed in the sun.

          Aida found her really attractive, the second reason why she felt less than. 

           What stud found other studs attractive? 

              She doesn't respond, too afraid of possibly embarrassing herself and fixes the drink at the fountain. She hands it back to her.

          "And can I get a tray of cheese sticks?"

          Aida nods and goes around the cooking station where most workers were slaving over the hot ass stoves (as they put it). She grabs a red and white tray from stock and uses the tongs to pick up a fresh thing of cheese sticks. The stud watches her intently as she sips on her Gatorade and she smiles when Aida hands her the tray.

           "Thank you, babygirl."

           Aida blushes. No one has ever called her that, apart from her dad when she was younger. She takes the rest of the groups orders and watch as they walk away, goofing off and laughing. They seemed so carefree. She wishes she could be that way.

...
What do you think so far? Drop your opinions in the comments!

Vote too! Because the more feedback I get, the more likely I am to post the next chapter! Stay safe. 💙