36. Um Modest!?

Niall

"Hmmm," I stretched every single muscle in my back as Chloe's big green eyes watched. "Let's go get breakfast."

"God, yes, I'm starving." She said rolling off the bed. We pulled on some comfortable clothes and knocked on the boys' doors. Me on Louis and Harry's and Chloe on Zayn's and then Liam's.

"Lads?" I called out, "we're going to get some breakfast, d'you wanna join us?"

"We got some!" "No, thanks!" I heard from the other side of the door, muffle voices from their room service. My stomach growled.

"Zayn?" Chloe said softly, "we're going to have breakfast now, do you want anything?"

"I'll join you, just a few minutes!" He called out.

"Liam?" She knocked on his door. Out came a fresh-faced Liam, dashing smile as always, "I'll be down in a few minutes, go on without me."

Shrugging, I held Chloe's hand and together we walked down to the glorious buffet. God, if there was something I liked about these hotels was the food.

"I love hotel food." Did she just...? Yeah, she said that. She's the one.

We served ourselves a, um, generous amount of food and sat down at a discreetly placed table. We didn't talk, just ate because goddammit that omelette was good. She hooked her ankle around mine and I realised how easy everything was with Chloe. She was chill, didn't crave attention, and was content with a mere touch rather than a 24/7 snog-fest. Liam showed up then, left his phone in the seat adjacent to mine and went to get himself a plate. Meanwhile, a (surprisingly) awake Zayn trotted over and slumped in his chair next to Chloe. Liam came back with orange juice for us all and we all started our different conversations. Zayn and Chloe were randomly talking about how this bloke T. S. Elliot was underrated when his work was actually 'really bloody fantastic', in Z's words. I questioned Liam on his engagement.

"I don't know, mate," he mumbled, "I think I'm going through the anxiety phase or something... I don't know if we're going too fast."

"Li, trust me, don't worry. Let's try this: 5 years from now, do you see yourself with Danielle?"

"Yes."

"10 years?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, well, if a ten-year marriage doesn't work out I'll take you out for a pint and maybe beer can be your next love." He nudged my side lovingly. Harry and Louis then stormed into our breakfast calmness with their hectic lives.

"Can you fucking believe this?" Said Louis, holding out his phone, "Honestly, are these people this fucking stupid?"

Taking it from his hand, they all leaned around me to look at the e-mail that Louis had just received from Modest.

'...you must remain an absolutely private couple...'

'...if conditions in this e-mail are broken, we will ask for the relationship between you and Mr. Styles to be terminated...'

'...remember the priorities...'

"What the fuck?" I said, scrunching my face and returning his phone in disgust. Harry's mouth was pressed into a straight line, standing behind Lou without a word. While Louis was the hectic waves during a storm, Harry was the calm, eerie tides that came afterwards. To be honest, I had no idea who to be more scared of now. Harry could explode anytime.

"We've got to do something..." Said Louis, minding his volume a bit now. He whispered, "They can't really be that... Intolerant, can they?"

"Damn it, Lou, if that's the price we have to pay, we'll pay it." Chirped up a fed-up, tired-sounding Harry. Louis angled his body to look completely different.