23. Purple Hair and Unexpected Visitors

Chloe

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone. Not the most appropriate time to call me, to be honest. Ms Cartwright, the leader of the improvisation workshop, was shooting me a death glare. I guess it was already bad enough for her. Workshops were only offered on Sunday mornings and the teachers had little or no patience for interruptions.

"Chloe, it's Harry, we need to talk." Something about his voice was off.

"Hey, I can't talk now, but I'll call you back later, yeah?"

"Yeah, don't worry, I'll call you."

"Okay, bye."

I put my phone back in my bag and mouthed an embarrassed 'sorry' at Ms Cartwright. Kitty was on the stage now. I had known her for less than a week and I already got a taste of her talent and positivity. She would go far definitely.

The boys were coming in about two weeks. I honestly couldn't wait. But it wasn't a good kind of waiting. I was anxious about something... about Harry and I. The last few calls had been emotionless and we sounded more like friends than lovers. Even using 'lovers' to define us made me feel uncomfortable. I enjoyed much more skyping with the other boys or when they were all together. I had managed to suppress that little shred of feelings I had for Niall because I told myself he was more of a brother than anything.

"Garrett?" Ms Cartwright looked at me sternly.

"Yes, Ms Cartwright?"

"Could you answer the question?" she looked at me through her old glasses, inquiringly.

"Umm..." Kitty made some strange hand gestures, trying to tell me the answer. I understood nothing and instead just couldn't help giggling.

"That's enough, Chloe, I'm going to have to ask you to leave my workshop."

"No, no, Ms Cartwright, it won't happen again." I pleaded with my eyes. She sighed.

"You're a good actress. That's why I'm choosing not to believe that." She smiled and I guess she had just complimented me? I smiled back and left, waving goodbye to Kitty who looked on apologetically.

I went back to the apartment. Laura was still staying with me, and she was flying back home next week. I opened the door to my temporary home and headed to Laura's room. She was still sleeping and I caught myself yawning too. Well, I had nothing better to do, why not lie down and rest for a while. I skipped on to my bedroom, grabbing my MacBook on the way.

Once I was under the covers I put on "500 Days of Summer", because Joseph Gordon-Levitt is perfect and it's such a sweet movie. Slowly, the line between consciousness and sleep faded and my heavy lids closed.

I woke up two hours later, according to my phone. Wow, I really needed that. I stretched and went for Laura's room, to see what she wanted to do. I noticed something black in my hand and immediately shook it, thinking it was a bug. Damn bug wouldn't leave so I took a closer look. Something was written in Sharpie.

Wake up, Chlo :)

I smiled and went to the common area between the rooms. Laura was reading some magazine and sipping on tea.

"Hey," I said, dropping down on the sofa next to her.

"Hey, sleeping beauty," she snickered.

"So, what do you want to do today?" she smiled at me and I saw her eyes flicker to something behind me and back to me. I went to turn when something-someone-threw themselves at me.

"CHLO!" Niall was hugging me from behind.

"Niall!" I got up and properly hugged him, "What are you doing here? Weren't the concerts in one month?"