14. Ink

Harry

I woke up with a slight headache. Louis was snoring softly beside me and my bed was a complete mess. I sat up and thankfully took the glass of water that Liam had left on the table earlier. Bless that boy, always looking after us in these situations. 

In the living room, Niall was sleeping on the sofa and Liam was in the kitchen. He looked over at me and waved.

"Hey Harry," he whispered, "I'm going to meet up with Danielle for lunch." Holy shit, it was really late. "I'll be back after that. Don't let Zayn sleep too much, we've got to meet management at five."

I nodded and drank another big glass of ice-cold water. As Liam walked out the door, Niall squirmed in the sofa. He looked up at me then groaned and buried his head under a pillow. I let out a little chuckle and went to check on the other boys. 

Zayn, of course, was in a deep sleep. Louis had woken up and was in the bathroom brushing his teeth.

"Morning, Harreh." he said, washing his mouth with water. 

"Hey Lou." I said, yawning. He looked awfully awake for someone who had drunk so much the night before. 

"Harry, you've got a great girl. Don't let her go." he said, surprising me completely. 

I laughed, "Why do you say that?"

"Because it's true!" He said, "Aren't you tired of just meaningless nights with women you barely know? Chloe is innocent but mature. She makes you a better Harry."

Those were deep words for a hungover Lou. But they were true. I was tired of being the ladies man, with Chloe everything was better. I'd never been more sure of anything in my life. Since that first day and that stupid ringtone I knew she was something special.

"Thanks Boobear." I said, still trapped in my thoughts.

He patted my back and went into the kitchen, me right behind him. Nobody had dared to wake up Zayn yet but Niall was already silently nibbling on a piece of toast. 

Then, my phone rang in my bedroom. I went as quickly and silently as possible and picked it up.

"Hello?" I heard some sobs on the other side. 

"Harry, it's Chloe." she said, trying to sound strong, "They... They're splitting up. My parents."

A pang of pain rushed through my body. Not only because what she was experiencing was horrible, but because it also brought back some of my heartbreaking memories.

"Chloe..." 

"It's... I'm okay, I just need to stay away from the house for a while." she said, unable to hide her vulnerability. "And I really need to see you." I couldn't help but smile at this; I was impatient to see her myself.

"I'll pick you up after school."

"Actually... Umm... Just pick me up at my house at around..." she whispered something to a person nearby and I couldn't help being suspicious, "4:30." 

"4:30 it is." 

"I've got to go now. Bye, Harry." the way she said my name sounded so sweet.

"G'bye love." 

In that moment, Zayn came in the kitchen, eyes half-closed and hair out of place. It clearly wasn't a good morning for Malik. He let his body fall onto the sofa next to Niall and closed his eyes again.

Lou disappeared for a while and I started making coffee. Niall got up and checked his phone. "Harry, it's almost lunchtime, shouldn't we just order in?"