17. Give All My Secrets Away

Chloe

2 months later…

“Okay, let’s see how much you’ve studied.” Said Niall, typing away.

August 17th. Summer was almost over. The boys had left to begin their world tour in June. They’d been to the Scandinavian countries and most of northern and eastern Europe. This was, actually, the first time I’d seen them since they’d gone. Now, Niall was testing me because I’d promised him something that I quickly regretted now. I had to learn all their songs.

 A catchy guitar riff started and I identified it quickly.

“One Thing!” 

"Correct! On to the next one…" said the Irish boy.  I beamed, so proud of myself. Harry sat next to me and put his arm over me.

Circles, we’re going in circles,

Dizzy’s all it makes us.

Mmm, I knew this one… come on, Chloe. “Same Mistakes!”

“Yeah!” responded Niall, leaning forward for a high-five.

“Okay, this is very fun, but can we postpone it for later? I want to hear everything about the tour!” I looked up at Harry, eager to hear all the stories. The first concert, in Stockholm, they said was amazing. The fans in Finland are absolutely crazy, apparently. Liam lost a shoe there, and a girl gave Harry her bra with her number on it.

“Well, did you call her?” I wriggled my eyebrows at him.

“Oh yeah, several times. I told her that I was obsessed with Zayn’s hair too.” We all laughed and I felt more at home than I had in the last two months.

My dad had gone back to Afghanistan and I didn’t want to leave things as they were. The day before his flight, we went out for lunch, just the two of us. I told him I wouldn’t forgive nor forget but… He understood what I meant. I didn’t want him to die thinking I didn’t love him. It was already horrible to wake up wondering if my dad was alive… I couldn’t imagine if the last thing we’d done was fight. My mum was doing okay. She was positive and that kept her in her happy mood. She was a strong believer in the “if it’s meant to be, it will be”. I was more of a “hakuna matata” person and my brother was a “carpe diem” guy. We’re all against YOLO so don’t even bring it up.

It’s been strange since my parents split up, though. They weren’t married before; their philosophy was that they didn’t need a special document to be committed to each other. Since there was no divorce or anything… it just stopped. The texts, the Skype chats; in less than a week they were gone. Apart from my family crisis, my friends had their own little thing going on. Danny had moved on from me, discreetly, and had started dating some girl out of school. He hadn’t introduced us yet, even though we had insisted. Sean and Olive were sort of in a “flirtationship” that had ended in an awkward note. But Sean is not one to have bad vibes with other people so he bought Olive some chocolates and an “I’m Sorry” note. Laura had been a bit absent from my life lately and she was distant. It was strange, us being best friends but not spending much time together. Still, it was hard. Everytime I tried to talk to her about it she would change the subject abruptly. My life was like a never-ending puzzle. Some pieces find each other while others fall apart, and get lost.  Now, the pieces seemed to fit neatly, as I spent time with the boys.

“What about the girls?” I said, looking over at Zayn and Niall. Zayn smiled and winked at Niall, who started making kissy faces.

“They were okay…” Zayn started, “I mean, when they weren’t 12-year-olds thinking they had a chance with us.”

“Oh yeah, remember…?” Louis erupted in laughter, and the rest of the boys joined him.

“Shut up!” Zayn shouted, throwing a pillow at Lou.

“He almost slept with a girl that was fourteen!” said Louis. My mouth turned into a huge ‘o’, while Niall was having trouble breathing from laughing.

“You’re kidding!” I shrieked.

“I didn’t almost sleep with her! Just snogged, that’s it. Besides, she looked sixteen!” he put his hands up, pleading innocence. This time, I laughed and I couldn’t help but feeling at complete ease here. I kissed Harry’s neck as he laughed and stroked my hair gently.

If only I didn't have to leave for New York in less than two weeks.

Harry

It was nice to be back home. Be back in our own apartment, be back with Chloe.

But there was that one thing. That tiny detail that could screw everything up. I was sure this time, though, I wouldn’t let anything come between Chloe and me. She kept me grounded.

Zayn

I want to go out today. Forget all that’s been happening. Stop putting a veneer of happiness over my face.

Liam

The lads looked happy. That was all that mattered… We didn’t need any more complications for the rest of the tour. I wanted to get my mind off them for a while and just enjoy my time with other people. Danielle.

Louis

I’m happier now than ever. After acting strange and awkwardly throughout these months, everyone is relaxed. Finaaaaaallyyyyyyyy. God, they just need to let go and live life.

Niall

I think I’ve fallen in love.