~Chapter 1~

[You can choose how you look like.]

╬╬═════════════╬╬

Kuoh Town - Abandoned Building

3rd POV

In the middle of the night some laughter could be heard inside an old building. This laughter was coming from three stray devils that were surrounding two innocent people.

Stray 1: "Finally! I am so hungry, these stupid humans are so easy to trick!"

The other stray devils laughed.

Civilian 1: "Please! Don't hurt us!"

The stray devils were about to eat the humans when suddenly they disappeared. The stray devils were confused as they heard the sound of walking behind them.

Stray devil 2: "That smell?...it's another human...".

The stray devils looked behind them and they saw a normal human with a monotonous face and casual clothes.

(Y/N): "Hey, are you guys responsible of all of this noise? People are trying to sleep!" He exclaimed to the stray devils.

Stray devil 3: "Get lost stupid human and who are you supposed to be?"

(Y/N): "My name is (Y/N) and I'm just a guy who's a hero for fun and I supposed you guys are stray devils, because all of you look disgusting." He said emotionless.

Stray devil 1: "What?..what kind of half-assed backstory is that? Well it doesn't matter, you're just a normal human, we are just gonna kill you like the rest of the oth-".

The stray devil was cut off by a punch from (Y/N), blowing him up into pieces. The others were horrified and tried to escape but quickly got one punched by (Y/N).

(Y/N) quietly looked at the pieces of the dead strays.

"Not again...All it took was one punch! DAMN IT!!!!" He yelled in frustration.

Time Skip

Kuoh Town - Plaza

(Y/N) POV

Has it really been three years since then? I became so powerful, no one can beat me. I'm the hero I dreamed of becoming.

So what is this? What's wrong? Why does my heart feel so empty?

Cashier: "456 yen, please"

"Okay. Oh, hang on" I said to the cashier.

There's no sign that the evils of the world are disappearing. This hasn't changed since before I became a hero. These stray devils never stop causing problems.

In other words, you could say that
I haven't made any impact. I'm not necessarily sad about that. But there's something bothering me lately.

As the days pass, my emotions grow more distant. Fear, tension, joy, anger...I feel none of them anymore.

In exchange of power, maybe I've lost something that's essential for a human being?

Suddenly on my way home another stray devil appear.

Stray devil: "looks like I found another human to feast".

I used to feel all kinds of emotions.

Stray devil: "Hey, are you listening to me?".

whirling inside me when I fought.
Fear. Panic. Anger.

Stray devil: "Well if you're not listening, this will be more easy for me you stupi-".

The stray devil is cut off by his upper body being blow up to pieces.

But now, all I need is one punch to end it.

"Guess I'll have eggs over rice tonight." I said to myself

Each day... I come home uninjured and wash my gloves. When I'm out fighting strays, I never feel as if my heart's really in it. Even after discovering the supernatural, I still feel nothing.

I mean, I just do the hero-thing
as a hobby. In other words, as long as I get a kick out of it, that's all I care about.

But all of these creatures are so weak.

Too weak.

Kuoh Town - Unknown Location

Rias Gremory POV

"Buchou"

I was sitting in my chair drinking some tea when I heard someone called me.

"What is it?" I responded.

???: "There was a report of three dead bodies of stray devils in an abandoned building and it seems like it wasn't made by a supernatural being."

???: "Is the same being that has been killing all of the strays in the town."

"Interesting, Thanks for the information Koneko, please try to find who killed the stray with the rest of the group." I said to Koneko.

Koneko: "Yes Buchou." She quickly left the room as I took another sip of my cup of tea.

I smiled at the possibility of a new potential peerage member. This mysterious being will be able to help me with all my problems.

Kuoh Town - (Y/N)'s House

3rd POV

(Y/N) was eating his dinner before going to sleep. When he finished eating, he quickly cleaned everything and went to his bed.

He lay down on his bed and covered himself with the blankets.

(Y/N): "Good night... To myself." He said emotionless while closing his eyes.