𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

Cops!

"Listen, I'm really happy you're here." Jeremiah said to Belly, blatantly ignoring Evelyn. He looked back to some girls that were calling him over, "Okay, I will be right back." He promised, walking away.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "He is such an ass he literally just-"

"Hey, can I just be alone for a minute?" Belly asked, leaving her friend and moving towards a spot on the edge of the party.

"Yeah, sure." Evelyn replied, though Belly had already left.

However, she wasn't alone for long, because a voice she knew all too well called out, "Hey, Eve."

She turned around to find her ex-boyfriend, Harrison. They had dated last summer, and broke up after not having seen each other for months during the rest of the year. "Hey, Harris." She said with a smile. Their breakup had been sad, but also mutual. Her mother had been absolutely devastated because Harris' family was as wealthy and influential as theirs.

"Seeing you diss Steven was definitely the highlight of my night." He joked. "Well, other than getting to talk to you again, I guess."

"Yeah, I missed you too, Harris." She said. She moved closer and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck, smelling his luxury cologne. After a second, he reciprocated the hug, pulling her into him.

When they finally pulled apart, she shivered at the loss of heat, the cool breeze from the ocean blowing over the beach

"Wanna sit?" She offered.

"Yeah, of course."

The two spent the next twenty minutes forgetting why they had ever broken up in the first place. Summer had just started, and the impending end of the season was the last thing on their minds.

Evelyn hadn't realized how much she had wanted to tell him about until they started talking. "Oh, there was this song I heard the other day that reminded me of that one time when-"

He cut her off with a kiss, pressing their lips together with no warning. She made a noise of surprise, but kissed him back after her initial shock. This was Harris. They had kissed before, it didn't matter. Their mouths moved in sync, remembering the sensation from last summer. Harris slid his tongue into Evelyn's mouth, making the kiss more intimate, as she laid down in the sand and he crawled above her.

"You're not taking my fucking beer, dude!" A voice yelled, pulling Evelyn out of the sensual trance she was in.

She gently moved Harris off of her, getting a better look at the situation. The voice had been Conrad's, and he was in an argument with the creep from earlier. She moved to stand up, but Harris grabbed her arm. "C'mon Eve, stay here. They're fine."

Just as he spoke, Belly came running up to the fight, only to get smacked in the face, falling to the ground. They were definitely not fine.

"Belly!" Evelyn yelled, running towards her. "Oh my God" She said as Jeremiah kneeled down next to them.

"Belly, Belly, are you okay?" Jeremiah questioned.

"No, she is obviously not okay, Jeremiah. Go stop Conrad, I've got Belly." She insisted. He nodded and ran over to the two boys. Then, a boy Evelyn didn't recognize came over, and helped Belly to her feet.

"Cops!" A voice from the crowd yelled, as sirens blared, lights flashed, and the kids dispersed. Belly and the boy ran away holding hands, and Conrad and Jeremiah had taken off in a sprint.

"Harris?" Evelyn called, looking for him. "Harris, where are you?" Evelyn knew she needed to leave before the cops got to her, but she couldn't just leave him here. She searched the frantic crowd of people, looking for the boy.