𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Rendered Speechless

"Okay, Belly, I seriously need that top." Evelyn said as her and Susannah watched Belly get ready for her date.

"You look really cute." Susannah agreed. "You are going to have so much fun tonight."

"We're just going to see a movie." Belly said, blushing.

"You look nice, hon." Laurel complimented, walking into the bedroom.

"I can't believe crop tops are back. Remember how I thought I was such hot shit in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" She said, reminiscing. Laurel laughed. "Have fun tonight." She told Belly as the two teens stood up to leave.

"Are you not driving with us?" Laurel asked. Belly didn't tell her mom about the date? Evelyn couldn't really blame her though, other than Harrison she hadn't told her mom about anyone she had dated either.

"Um..." Belly started, looking at Susannah for help.

"Didn't Belly tell you? She has a date." She finished, dragging out the last word.

"Sorry, Mom. Um, his name is Cam." She informed her.

"Yeah, his mom works at the club. Really nice boy, very smart."

Belly nodded, "Like, Harvard smart."

"He's polite, too. Even my mom likes him." Evelyn added, recalling a time when they had an interaction at the club. Belly smiled gratefully at her friend.

Laurel smiled, but Evelyn could tell she was hurt. "It's fine," She laughed. "Of course you can go. I've dragged you to enough of these book parties over the years. Have a great date."

"Thanks." Belly smiled, walking out with Evelyn.

On their way to the door Laurel asked, "Do we need to have a talk about consent before you go?"

"Mom." Belly said, embarrassed. Evelyn laughed.

As they walked down the stairs, they heard Conrad, Steven, and Jeremiah playing video games in the living room. Evelyn sent her friend a playful smile as she led her toward them. "Guys, say bye to Belly!" She called, as they walked into the room.

Jeremiah turned around, his eyes landing on Evelyn, who was still smiling at Belly and trying not to laugh at the clearly embarrassed girl. Not that Jeremiah noticed, however, because he could not look away from Evelyn. She was dressed for Laurel's party, he assumed, in an outfit that almost made him forget that they hated each other.

He probably would have stared forever, had Evelyn not caught him. She had looked away from Belly, and made eye contact with Jeremiah, who looked good. Not that she would have ever admitted it, but his hair was perfectly messy, and his white shirt made his tan skin look almost golden.

Jeremiah finally looked away, to Belly, who was standing next to Evelyn. "Damn, Bells." He said, standing up and walking towards her.

"Are you kidding me? No, yeah, fine just abandon the game completely, Jere." Steven said sarcastically.

"You look hot." He told Belly, pausing between each word and twirling her around. He wasn't lying, she did look pretty, but he was still actively making an effort not to look at Evelyn.

"Hey, hey, hey, stop flirting with my sister."

"Shut up, Steven." Belly defended.

"No, you shut up. You look good though. You too, Eve." He admitted, making Evelyn smile. Steven was like the brother she wished she had.