Chapter 4 Falling down

Kris then opened the door to the classroom and is greeted with a classroom filled with teenage monsters. 

Alphys was staring at us with a shocked expression as she then said "Oh... K-Kris...! We thought you weren't coming today!"

"We're doing group projects this month... Uhhhh... so, walk around and find a partner, ok?"

Then, without thinking, I said, "Ok," in a voice that was hard to tell whether it belonged to a male's or a female's. 

I then began to walk forward before I felt surprised.

I was suddenly able to move and speak by myself. I tried my best to make sure my face didn't change from the shock that I felt.

I tried to take another step forward but the control that had over the body was already gone so it didn't take a single step forward.

The OTHER SOUL that was piloting Kris's body seemed to have full control back.

I began to consider how I was able to pilot the body for a brief second as the body began to move to Tem, who was the person closest to us in the classroom

'How did I pilot Kris's body for a second? Was it because I wasn't thinking of anything?'

I decided to try and clear my mind of all thoughts as Tem ended her speech and put a hard boiled egg on the table.

When my mind was clear of all thoughts I tried to move and it worked.

I was able to walk a couple of steps before my mind started to think again giving control back to the OTHER SOUL who immediately went to talk to Monster Kid who was behind Tem.

'It's great that I finally have a way to move and communicate without the player's SOUL interfering, even though the drawback is that I have to not think while doing so.'

Once Monster kid finished talking the OTHER SOUL then made Kris go over to talk to Berdly.

I then cleared my thoughts, making Kris stop letting me take over and said whatever came to my mind.

"Hi, Berdly." 

"Ah Kris. Late again, I see." He said in a smug tone.

"Hmm? Do you need a partner? Sorry, I'm already partners with the 2nd smartest student."

"Oh what? No I don't need to find a partner. I am just waiting for another person to enter the classroom so I can partner up with them. Since it seems everyone already has a partner." 

"Oh... then why did you come over here if it wasn't to ask for a partner?" Asked Berdly in a confused tone.

"I just wanted to quickly say hello since it's going to be a bit until my partner comes bursting through those doors." I say with smile.

"Oh alright then. *Clears throat * Hell-" I then interrupt Berdly. 

"You don't need to say hello now. We already greeted each other... Plus the moment already passed." I said to Berdly.

"R-right! Umm... you know it's quite rude to interrupt someone while their speaking but alas I shall forgive you for your behaviour Kris." Berdly said as he quickly composed himself and returned back to his regular self.

"Later." I said as I went over to Noelle's table and let the OTHER SOUL take control over the body again.

The conversation went as it did in the game as Noelle then asked the Alphys "Miss Alphys! Umm, is it OK if we have a group of 3?"

Then, Berdly remarked with a tone of confusion and disbelief "Hey! What? No! Kris! Didn't you just say you were waiting for your partner! ABORT!!"

"Sorry but I have been waiting for bit and I don't know if my partner would come today." I said in a apologetic tone while quickly taking over the body.