Chapter 6 The bad guy

"Why is there a castle in the supply closet?" Asked Susie as she and Kris entered the castle.

"Do you think this is a normal supply closet?" Kris asked Susie, looking at them and raising a brow that Susie could not see due to the shadow covering Kris's face.

Susie frowned while shrugging and saying, "I guess you're right, but why is this not a normal supply closet?"

Kris put their hand on their chin while thinking why this wasn't a normal supply closet, but since they were thinking, the other soul took control, making them put down their hand and go back to their neutral selves and not say a word. This confused Susie, but she didn't think much of it.

'Why do I keep forgetting that thinking will let the other SOUL take control? Hopefully, the other SOUL doesn't try to commit genocide. Actually, what is the other SOUL?' While Tod pondered the question, a voice was suddenly heard coming from up ahead.

"Welcome heroes...!"

Susie looked a little freaked out by the voice, while Kris remained emotionless on the outside while smiling slightly on the inside due to knowing who it is and being a little nervous.

"Who's there!?" Shout at Susie in a bit of a nervous and frightful tone.

"Do not be alarmed... I am not your enemy. Please come forward for the both of you."

Kris (Tod) decided to walk together with Susie instead of just running ahead and getting this whole intro over and done with.

"Welcome. I am the prince of this kingdom... The KINGDOM OF DARKNESS." Informed Ralsei as he stayed hidden under his cloak.

As Ralsei was talking, Kris thought to herself. 'Should I just interrupt him? We already know what he is going to say. It would be pretty rude if we just interrupted them. Well, it doesn't change our relationship in the game since in chapter 2, our tea still heals Ralsei by 120 hp. True, but Susie doesn't know the legend of Deltarune. Alright fine. If you want to sit through boring dialogue, go ahead. Ok.'

"Please, heroes... Listen to my tale."Kris then nodded, letting Ralsei have the go-ahead to tell their story.

"Kris, Susie... Thank you for listening to my long tale. I deeply believe you two are the heroes of the law. That despite whatever enemies you may face, you two have the courage to save the world. DELTA WARRIORS! Please, won't you accept your destiny?"After Ralsei finished his speech, Susie looked to the side to think before looking back at Ralsei.

"Uhhh... Nah." Answered Susie. Ralsei was shocked and began to sweat after hearing their answer.

"W...what?" Ralsei was confused about why Susie would reject their offer.

"Me? Some kind of hero or something...

"Oh, come on Susie just play along. After all you don't have to be the hero if you don't want to." Kris told Susie with their other half taking over him for the second.

Ralsei and Susie looked at Kris with confusion.

"I mean. In this world, You could be anything you choose to be." Kris said it with a smile.

"But Kris, without Susie, the world will..."

Susie then cuts off Ralsei and says, "So what if the world gets destroyed... like it's any of my damn business?"

"So, what if it's not your business? It will be a ton of fun! Besides, Susie, do you really just want to go back to class?" Kris replied while giving her a smile and raising an eyebrow, despite no one else seeing it due to the hair covering their face.