Chapter 3

3rd person

As the years passed, Selene and Shirou became best friends. Soon, they turned 16 years old, and Selene made a new friend. He was called Touma and he was a dog beastman. Ever since, Shirou would be grumpier than usual.

Why? Because he was jealous.

Yes, it took some time for him to figure it out, but he found out that he was in love with Selene. He found out that Touma also had a crush on his best friend, which was why he was so jealous whenever he saw the boy close to her.

Such as today.

He saw the two chatting, and Touma put an arm around her shoulder as they laughed. Shirou walked towards them and stopped once he was close enough.

Selene turned to look at him and her eyes brightened significantly. That didn't escape Shirou and Touma's attention. The former felt smug and the latter felt angry. "Hey, pup! What's up?" She asked with a big smile.

Shirou rolled his eyes playfully at her nickname for him. "You know I don't like that nickname, Princess. I'm okay, I guess." He said as he messed with her hair. 'I would be even better if that fool left us alone for the rest of our lives.' He thought.

Selene pouted, as she didn't like his nickname for her that much either. She silently observed her best friend and new friend glare at each other fiercely.

She noticed the tension between Touma and Shirou whenever they were in her vicinity together, but she didn't comment on it. She wanted to see what it would lead to.

"Hey, I'm going to check something, you both wait for me here." She said before walking away and hiding in the shadows to see how they would react to one another alone.