Chapter 12

3rd person

A week had passed since Shirou and Selene had met again, and Selene had gotten mostly used to the current modern world.

Currently, she was being led to Shirou's destination, blindfolded. She was able to dodge people and objects because of her heightened senses, but she still had to be led since she didn't know where they were going.

A few minutes later, Selene's nose twitched at the scents surrounding her and Shirou stopped.

He gently took off her blindfold and she opened her eyes, looking around.

She gasped softly before smiling. They were in a park, and in front of a large tree. Under the tree, there was a large blanket and plenty of snacks sitting on the blanket.

Shirou looked down at her and smiled too. "It's simple, but I knew you would like it." He said to her.

They sat down on the blanket and started eating the snacks while chatting.

As time went on, Shirou seemed to be restless. Selene noticed it, but was confused.

Finally, after a few minutes, Shirou stood up and offered her his hand.

Selene was once again confused, but she took his hand and stood up.

Then, Shirou turned her around and started speaking, "I wanted to do this since a 1.000 years ago, when we were twenty. But you know what happened, so I didn't get the chance."

He put a necklace on her neck that seemed like a choker, much like the one he used before, but different at the same time. It was made of a dark blue fabric with leaf and vine design. Hanging from the necklace was a bell and a crescent moon.

Selene looked down at the necklace and was both confused and happy

Selene looked down at the necklace and was both confused and happy. She turned around and asked, "What do you mean you wanted to do this before...?"

Shirou chuckled and knelt down on one knee. He took out a small box from his pocket and opened it. Inside rested a ring with a moon design and a moonstone resting in the middle. He placed it on her ring finger.

Selene gasped as tears started forming in her eyes

Shirou looked her in the eyes and asked, "Will you marry me?"

Selene squealed before lunging at Shirou and hugging him, "Yes! A thousand times yes!"

Shirou smiled and hugged her back.