Chapter 10

3rd person

They walked until they reached the door. The mayor opened it and stepped inside, moving to the side to allow Shirou and Michiru inside.

Shirou entered the room and glanced around before looking forward to have a look at the woman sealed in the ice.

His eyes immediately widened, and his mouth opened in disbelief, something that was rare of Shirou. "Selene?"

The mayor, startled, turned to look at Shirou. "Selene? That Selene?"

Michiru tilted her head in confusion as she watched the wolf beastman.

Shirou walked until he was very close to the ice. He looked at Selene's frozen grieving face. He placed a hand on the  ice and called out, "Selene...?"

Selene had a reaction. Her eyes struggled to flutter open. She recognized the voice.

The ice started slowly cracking.

Meanwhile, Michiru turned to Barbara, "Who is this Selene? Why is Shirou so shocked?"

Barbara looked at michiru and started explaining. "When I told you about Shirou's past, I mentioned he lost the love of his life that day, didn't I? Her name was Selene, and Shirou thought she was dead. Apparently, she isn't."

Michiru looked over at Shirou and Selene in shock.

The ice finally completely cracked. The chains holding Selene also cracked and turned into tiny pieces of ice.

She opened her eyes and looked at Shirou. She went to take a step forward, but her knees gave out and she collapsed.

Shirou caught her as she was falling.

Selene opened her mouth,

"Pup...?"